Chapter 14 ~ Glitch

Before the attack...

??? Pov

So...Stain's in town, huh? He doesn't give me a break, does he? I wonder who's his next kill?

*BEEP*

Huh? There's nobody here. The sensors must be broken. *Sigh*, how many times do I have to fix you?

Oh wait, it's them.

Now I've got to see this.

Your Pov

"Firefly?" A small, but familiar voice asked.

"Tony!" I exclaimed as I turned my head, seeing the small child with tear stained cheeks. I fired a shot back at Stain before running towards Tony and kneeling down to his height.

"What happened?" I asked, grabbing his shoulders in attempt to comfort him. "I lost mommy," he replied, tears threatening to fall.

"(Y/N)!" Shoto yelled. I turned to see Stain a few inches away from me. Damn, he was fast. I focused light into my palm as I shot a beam at him. He tried to deflect it but it pushed him back.

Just then, Stain's quirk wore out on Iida as he got up and kicked Stain in the stomach. "Take the child to safety! I'll take it from here!" Iida stated, looking back at me.

"Don't worry, I've got you," I said, taking Tony by the hand.

Suddenly, walls made of what looked like 1s and 0s blocked every exit we had, trapping us in that alleyway.

"Sorry I'm late, buddy," a voice apologised. A thump was heard from behind Stain, who was brandishing a blade and holding his head. A silhouette was seen beside him.

"It was about time, Glitch. What took you so long?" Stain strained as the figure stepped into the light, revealing a person in their early 20s. Their hands were plunged deep in their jean pockets as the chains around their waist clinked whenever they made a move.

 Their hands were plunged deep in their jean pockets as the chains around their waist clinked whenever they made a move

"Haven't you seen those monster things? I couldn't​ not document that," 'Glitch' replied, shrugging their shoulders. Shoto suddenly fired a wave of flames, which the villains barely managed to dodge.

"Stay by me!" I told Tony, putting a protective arm in front of him and using the other to shoot.

The fight continued. The stranger had some sort of warping quirk, which made it almost impossible to hit them. Fortunately, they didn't seem to have any intention to attack. I was in charge of protecting Tony, but the villains seemed to have no interest in. We focused more on Stain, who we managed to knock out. To our dismay, Glitch just vanished after Stain was taken down.

"(Y/N), are you ok?" Shoto asked after he had finished tying up Stain. I nodded in reply as I took hold of Tony's hand. "But are you ok?" I asked Tony. He nodded, but he looked a little nervous.