Chapter 09~ Sports Fest Part 2

A/n: You will be taking Mina's place here. She didn't make it to the Cavalry Battle. Sry Mina.

Your Pov

I had gotten 2nd place in the race, while Izuku placed 1st. I was proud of him, proud of how much he'd grown in 5 years.

Shoto placed 3rd and Katsuki placed 4th, the latter probably throwing a tantrum. I was proud of them too, but I expected them to be in the top 5 anyways. They were strong, and it was obvious that they knew it.

I spotted Shoto in the corner of my eye, resting from the overuse of his quirk. I decided to congratulate him, it was the least I could to strengthen our bond again.

"Hey, Shoto! Congrats on getting 3rd!" I exclaimed, walking up to said boy. He was startled at first, but quickly returned to his stoic self. "Mm," he nodded, "I'm surprised you beat me. What you did at the mine field was impressive," he continued, his bored expression not fading from his face.

"Yeah. It was a risky move to be honest. I'm glad it worked out," I replied, smiling a bit. 'I should ask him where he's been. We haven't talked much lately.'

"So...where have you been? You've become distant this past few weeks," I asked, eyes trained on that one blade of grass that suddenly looked really interesting.

"Oh...I-I was busy training. Sorry if you thought I was avoiding you. We'll catch up after this while thing is over," he replied, stuttering a little in the beginning. He's obviously lying. He never stutters. He's always so calm and sometimes to the extent that people wonder if that guy even has emotions.

"Alright students! Let's see which event is up next!" Nemuri exclaimed, enthusiastic as ever.

Cavalry battle.

Wait...we'll be assigned points?! I guess winning second place wasn't really a good idea. Poor Izuku though. Everyone's sure to target him, as well as avoid him when picking teams. I kinda pitied him, but I couldn't join him. Our total points will be too much, making us a definite target.

I tried to find my own team but, it seems like most of my classmates already have teams.

"Hey Lightbulb. Join my team."

Lightbulb?! Who you callin' Lightbu- oh...it's Katsuki...shit. "Give me one reason why, Katsuki," I replied with a rather cold tone. Geez, must've picked it up from Shoto.

"Cause my team has one spot left that we have to fill and you're the only person still without a team, dumbass," he growled, blood red orbs threatening to pierce through anything in his way. "Alright then. I'll join," I agreed after a bit of thought.

Kirishima and Sero were behind him chatting away. "Hey, (L/N)! I'm so glad we get to be on a team together. From what I've heard from Kaminari, you're a pretty manly fighter!" Kirishima cheered, fist pumping the air. Our team went over some battle tactics...well Katsuki was too arrogant to join our conversation so he's just off to the side.

This matchup is kinda offence oriented. Kirishima can't really attack while carrying Katsuki, since he's a more close combat guy. Sero couldn't really use his tape for attacking but if Katsuki falls off, he might be able to catch him. Katsuki is basically a non-stop killing machine. Me...I can boost us, I guess? Maybe try to support him with one hand and attack with the other? It's doable but not necessarily easy.

"HEY STOP MESSING AROUND YOU DUMBASSES! IT'S STARTING." Katsuki yelled, earning a few glares from other teams, especially those from other classes.

We got into position as Katsuki tied the headband, Kirishima in front, Sero on the left, me on the right and Katsuki at the top. It was surprisingly easy to carry Katsuki, I honestly expected him to be a little heavier.