o n e

Honolulu, Hawaii

-
As people hurried and plundered through the large crowds that filled the airport, Lilliana sat down at a small coffee shop inside the building, ordering an iced coffee and a blueberry muffin to snack on until her plane would depart and take her back home.

Her long, light brown ombré with streaks of blonde towards the end, hung over her shoulders loosely as she pulled her light-wash denim jacket up over her grey sweatshirt. She sat there, scrolling through her phone just enough to kill some time before she had to walk to her gate.

A few minutes go by and Lilliana took her black backpack, swung it over her shoulders and grabbed her blue passport that engulfed a boarding pass. Walking towards the gate, her 5'5" frame bumped right into a tall, large figure.

Her light brown eyes met a dark blue hoodie with hard rock abs she could feel through the thick material of both their clothes. Lilliana looked up to see a 6'10" frame, burnt orange hair, and sunglasses covering his eyes. Her thoughts were interrupted by an unconscious act of her mouth running.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attent-" She started

"Then pay more attention next time." He said, clearly annoyed.

Flabbergasted, she looked at his straight face, still not being able to see all of him. She said sorry once again, barely above a whisper, and walked past him, embarrassed as she made her way towards the gate.

When Lilliana finally reached the front of the line, the lady welcomed her onto the aircraft after scanning the white boarding pass. She held her backpack tighter, and continued to walk ahead, exiting the airport and moving onto the jet bridge, which connected the airport to the aircraft.

Lilliana took in the scene. Many people preparing themselves for the 12 hour flight ahead of them. Multiple people were strapped in, some were sleeping, many had headphones in, and others were loading up their carry ons above their heads in the cabins.

As Lilliana found her seat, she was rather shocked. It was the same man who she bumped into minutes before. The same dark blue hoodie, light jeans, jordans on his feet, and large frame, there. Just sitting there. He must have noticed Lilliana's eyes on him because he had looked up from his phone and laid his eyes on her. This time, he had no glasses on, and that's when Lilliana recognized him. Blake Griffin. The NBA all star.

"You have got to be kidding me." He said.

"Touché." She said in annoyance.