Survivor

You began your assault on Treyx as Lotor casually stood aside while cuffing the remaining general from escaping, and alerting any others present. The sound of swords clashing filled the room along with frustrated grunts from Treyx.

"Even with the improvements you're still weaker than me," You chuckled devilishly as you thrusted a hard slash of your sword down into one of his robotic arms causing it to break off.

"You little brat!" He spat out with rage as he furiously threw his sword at you every which way, becoming sloppy in this advances. This was your opportunity to take him down.

"Pidge, I've accessed the main lockdown procedure. I need you to disable all aircrafts and land cannons. I've also cut communication, it's time to contact the coalition to start their assault," Lotor spoke quickly as he typed away on the main dash.

"Already on it!" Pidge spoke back while Keith waited watch.

A smirk laid wide on your face as you continued to dodge Treyx moves. You waited in three more moves, he would be dead. You knew patience was key here. Quickly, you dodged his third advance as you spun to stab him deep into his chest. He loudly groaned in pain as he fell to his knees, holding the sword that remained in his chest before looking at you, "This isn't the end. Vrepit Sa," He smiled before falling over, defeated.

You didn't like the sound of his threat. It was different now. You were a traitor to the Galra Empire. You're father was not a merciless person. You had a bad feeling stirring around, it was time to leave.

"Lets get moving. Set this place to blow," You commanded with a stern expression as you didn't dare face your brother.

"What about the weapon sister? We must at least try and acquire it. It could help the-" Lotor rambled on.

You ignored him, "Pidge, do you have all the information we need?"

"Every known headquarters of the Galra and its contents have been acquired and sent back to the castle. I couldn't find the whereabouts of the weapon though, I'm not even sure its on this planet," Pidge said as you could her hear typing frantically through the com.

"It doesn't matter once we blow this base to sheds," You calmly spoke while examining your wrist map of the base.

"(Y/N)! Think about what you're saying! This could help-," Keith began to lecture as you interrupted, "I said to blow the base. That's an order," You turned your com off as you made your way out with Lotor following behind silently.

"Time to head back everyone," Shiro said over the coms as Lotor reported it back to you. All you could do was nod back as you were feeling more emotions that you usually were used to. It was throwing you off your game, and clouding your judgement.

You regrouped with Pidge and Keith before leaving the base as you could feel Keith's eyes staring at the back of your head. Your mind began to come to a blank slate as it was your coping mechanism when you began to feel strong emotions, your brain would simply wipe them away and reboot. It was a training mechanism that you were taught when you were being trained to be a heartless commander.

You suddenly stopped, looking to your right as a door blocked what you needed to see. The others passed by as you waved them off to continue without you. There was no argument needed. With opening the door, you stepped into your old room where all your belongings remained. You let a deep sigh slip your lips once you saw it. The only picture you had of your parents and you. One of your most prized possessions.

You kneeled, picking up the picture to examine it, "Mother, Father. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you," Your voice cracked slightly while closing your eyes in any attempt to reimagine them as well as to try your hardest to control the extreme amount of emotions you were feeling.

There was a chilling chuckle that emerged from behind you, "Sometimes you are just too predictable my love," You knew who it was. You didn't need to turn around to know that Sendak was standing over you with a weapon and troops to back him up. There was no use in fighting. You were too weak. Your family was your weakness.

Suddenly there were voices through your com as you had forgotten you had turned it back on, "(Y/N), where are you? We are all in the lion and need to leave now! They somehow overwrote my controls and got their systems back online. We are taking heavy fire!" You heard Pidge say on the other line with groans in the background from the others.

"Get out of here. I have some business to take care of," You calmly spoke before standing up to face Sendak.

"What? Where are you? Whats going on (Y/N)?" Shiro exclaimed with panic in his voice.

"It's alright. Voltron will free the universe. I'll see you all soon," Was the last thing everyone heard before your com was destroyed leaving them to hear only static from their end.

"NO!" Keith yelled as Shiro was forced to hold him back from trying to take the controls from Pidge while she maneuvered her way off the planet, "We have to go back and save her! Zarkon will kill her!" He continued as Hunk had to help restrain him.

"There is nothing we can do about it now! She'll survive," Shiro scolded while trying to calm him.

"It would be a bold move if my father killed her so quickly. No, he'll take his time with torturing her, and if that doesn't work, he'll have the witch do something to her. (Y/N) may try and reform her alliance with Zarkon to survive, but that may also not work," Lotor listed off the different possibilities in store for you as if he wasn't worried at all. All eyes were on him with annoyance from his words and generally his presence, but he had a point. Lotor, in fact, wasn't worried at all.

He knew you could handle it. He knew you would figure it out. Even with betraying Zarkon's trust, you were still the favorite child, even though you weren't even blood related. You'd survive. Because thats what you always did. You're a survivor.

****************

Short chapter, but I finished Voltron's last season AND I AM IN TEARS. Everyone is happy, but why they got to do Allura like that. AHH. But regardless, they ended the series in the best way possible.