Choices

"Good try today Lance. We'll have to keep working on it," You said as you faced him w a smile before turning to Keith, "Very impressive holding your own against me. For a second there, I got worried," You winked as you passed by him.

"Well, you are a worthy opponent to go up against," Keith shot back as he folded his arms with a smirk written across his face, falling after you.

"Your Blade of Marmora training is showing more and more. I can't wait for the day I get to meet this Kolivan you've been telling me so much about," You chimed as you both walked out of the training room to find the others.

Everyone was on the bridge as the castle was floating casually through space. All the paladins, but Keith and Shiro sat in their chairs.

"Princess, incoming transmission from the Blade of Marmora headquarters," Coran spoke before patching in the transmission.

"Princess Allura," The galra-like figure said on the screen.

You moved out of eye sight from the screen as you observed the individual.

"Kolivan, how may we be of assistance?" Allura responded with disinterest in her voice.

"A patrol team has picked up some intel about an important individual of the galra, soon to be heading to main command. We want to get onto that ship before it reaches and get any intel possible," Kolivan spoke intellectually as you could tell how proud of a leader he was.

"And how may we help you with this?" Allura said now with confusion.

"We are a man short. So we may need assistance if things get rough and our cover is blown,"

"I'll join you," Keith abruptly blurted out.

Your eyes grew wide as did everyone else's.

"Keith, are you sure that's a smart idea? You know I support you're Marmora training, but you haven't been on many missions with them. Don't you think-," Shiro continued as he gently placed a hand on Keith's shoulder.

"I'm ready and I'm doing this," Keith interrupted as he turned away from Shiro to face Kolivan while speaking with determinants in his voice.

"I'll send you the rendezvous point. We will be there in 1 varga," Kolivan said before ending the transmission.

Everyone froze while silently watching Keith as you continued to stand in the corner. It wasn't your place to tell Keith to go or not even if you didn't want him to. The mission always comes first, you knew this first hand.

"What are you thinking?!" Lance screamed out, getting into Keith's face.

"I'm doing my duty. Whoever is on that ship is important to the galra so they are more important to us. If we can figure out who they are and possibly bring them back to the headquarters with us for questioning, we could shift the tide of war!" Keith explained to the others as they huddled around him.

"Yes, perhaps you are right. I just hope the team will not need to form Voltron while you are away," Allura chimed in with a worried tone.

"This is ridiculous. You can't go! Tell him (Y/N)!" Lance continued to yell as he gestured to you. All eyes laid on you as you focused in on Keith's.

You paused before putting on a tough face, "The mission always comes first. If Keith needs to be there, then so be it," You said as you walked out.

You could feel Keith's eyes on your back. You didn't know his reaction or how he felt. All you knew was that this mission could shift the tide, and with how the galra were operating at the moment, it was needed even if you didn't want it to be.