Surprise

Your eyes fluttered open slowly as you adjusted yourself. You bumped into something on your right. Turning cautiously, you saw Keith peacefully sleeping next to you.

What was he doing here? He looked so at ease while sleeping. You couldn't bare to wake him.

You carefully tried to move over him, when suddenly, Keith adjusted. As you began to fall off the bed, you grabbed him to try and stabilize yourself, only to bring him down to the floor with you. Keith laid on top of you as both your cheeks turned red.

"Uh, are you alright?" Keith said as he stood then reached out a hand to pull you up.

"Ya I'm fine. Um, if I may ask, why were you in my bed?" You replied as you cocked your eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean? You asked me to stay?" Keith said now confused.

"I did?!" You half yelled before placing a hand over your mouth. The memories were rushing back to you from last night. Taking heavy doses of medications are not good for the mind, only the body.

"Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I must have made you feel so uncomfortable," You said while covering your reddened face.

"Actually-" Keith started as the sirens went off.

"Paladins, get to your lions. There was a distress call from the nearby planet, Thaxlor. It is a sand like planet. It looks like the Galra have attacked," Allura exclaimed over the intercom as you and Keith rushed to his lion.

"Keith, Hunk, and I will take the Galra from the sky. Pidge, Lance, and (Y/N) go to Thaxlor and help the Thaxlorians to safety," Shiro commanded as all the lions launched out of the castle.

"Finally, (Y/N) and I get some personal time to bond," Lance spoke over the mic with an exaggerated amount of charm.

You let a small smile appear on your lips as you rolled your eyes.

"Lance, focus in," Shiro scolded.

"(Y/N)'s in my lion. I'll have to drop her off at Thaxlor, and meet back up with you guys," Keith said as Shiro appeared on his screen.

"Alright, make it quick. It looks like there are more fighters than expected," Shiro said as Keith made his decent to the planet.

"Once you get close to the planets surface, open the lions mouth. I'll be fine from there," You said as you prepared for the landing.

"(Y/N), you're still hurt from the previous mission. I think a soft landing would be easier on you," Keith said turning back to look at you with concern on his face.

"Don't worry about me too much," You said with a wink as you jumped out, jet-packing over to the other lions. Keith smiled as he rolled his eyes.

You approached the green and blue lion as Pidge and Lance waited for your arrival.

"There she is!" Pidge said enthusiastically.

"Sorry I'm late. Keith got all worried," You laughed as you walked over to the others.

"Don't get me started on Keeiiithh," Lance said prolonging his name.

"Alright, so the west side of the city is still free while the Galra have started their approach from the east. We need to stop their approach from spreading. Lance, (Y/N), you two go hold them off until I can get the civilians to the west where they'll be safe," Pidge said as a geographic map of the surrounding area shown on her wrist computer.

"Let's do this!" Lance exclaimed as we made our journey to the middle of the city.

"Good luck Pidge, stay safe!" You called out to her with a smile before turning to follow Lance.

The two of you continued to walk in the sand as the hot beating sun shined down.

"Are we almost to the city yet? This dryness is definitely not good for my skin," Lance complained.

You looked into the horizon as below was the midst of the city. Blasters were heard from your location as you slid down the long sand hill.

"Lance, keep it together. We haven't even infiltrated the city yet," You glared at him.

You made it to the inner part of the city as you hide in one of the building close to the center. Lance pulled out his sniper as he observed the sentries ahead.

"Alright we have 10 to the left and 5 to the right,"

"Perfect. You take the right, I'll take the left. See ya in a bit," You said to him as you jumped from the building holding your dagger.

"Wait (Y/N)? What?" Lance half panicked as he watched you advance on the enemies.

You snuck around each corner as you waited for the sentries to pass before jumping out and slashing two to pieces.

Lance began to fire on his as he screamed either in fear or anger. You personally couldn't tell.

You dodged the blast from their rifles as you continued to slash them into pieces. You'd fought multiple sentries before while practicing so this was like a beginner's training exercise.

You smirked as you observed the damage you had done. Always a satisfying feeling. All the sentries were destroyed as Lance finally finished his.

"Nice job Sharpshooter," You joked as you advanced forward signaling Lance to follow.

"Finally, someone understands my nickname!!" He exclaimed louder than you needed.

"Lance, head to the building to your far right. There are about 10 sentries on their way there,"

"Okay, where will you be?" He panted.

"I'm headed for the ground commander. If we can stop his assault, it'll make Shiro and the rest of the paladin's job in the sky easier,"

"Smart thinking. Hey, did I were tell you how beautifully smart you were?" Lance said charismatically.

"Lance," Shiro suddenly chimed in.

"Ahh, uh, I didn't know you guys could hear us. Wait, I thought you all were focusing on the guys in space?" Lance shrieked.

You laughed as you continued your advance. There was a small outpost with a grounded Galra cruiser. Two sentries guarded the outside while you assumed the commander was inside being a coward as usual.

You sighed as you knew this was going to take some work, but then smirked on the thought of how fun destroying all the sentries would be.

You ran towards the sentries throwing your dagger at one and slashing the other one with your sword. With a chuckle, you entered the ship with stealth. You began to place charges all around, avoiding any sentries or guards that came near. You arrived at the central command as you carefully peered in.

You're eyes grew wide as you saw the commanding officer. Oh no, it couldn't be. The last time you saw him, he vanished on Olkari. He turned ever so slightly to look at you as you had given away your cover. You were unable to move from shock.

"I should have assumed you were the one causing the trouble as it is in your nature to," His voice was the same, yet different. He was different. Hagger must have taken him to her lab after they found him.

He raised his new mechanical like arm as he observed it with happiness.

"W-what did she do to you," You finally spoke out with a soft cry.

"I am reborn my fiancé. Don't you like the improvements?" He chuckled as sentries surrounded you.

*****************************

Another new chapter! I'm loving writing this book and so glad you all are enjoying it! Give me feedback or fun comments, I always enjoy reading them or getting a laugh! :)