Recovery

You were tired, you couldn't lie. The countless hours of being beat by the guards for fun after you were sent to the outer rim prison, which most didn't know about. Still, you stayed resilient and never backed down from them or showed fear. It expanded all the beating, but at this point, you couldn't care less. At least, this was helping you feel again as you felt your body become numb with sadness. You wanted to mask the pain the best you could, and if shutting your emotions off was the best way, then so be it.

You were placed in a small cell before getting the hand cuffs taken off as you laid on the hard bed, wanting to close your eyes, but only seeing the terrors of what could happen to those you cared for. The bags grew underneath your eyes as you tried your best to resist sleep. You couldn't think of them, you couldn't think of Keith right now. It would only make you weaker.

Sleep felt as it was about to encapsulate you as your eyes began to flutter shut, that was, until you heard the loud blast. Your eyes shot open as you ran to the door to see what was going on. Could it be? Did they find you? Finally? After months of searching?

You watched the guards run towards the smoke filled entrance as you heard screaming and yells of pain as guards were easily beaten. You tried your best to make out who was approaching the different cells, looking into each as they searched for a prisoner.

"Keith! Shiro!" You called, almost in a cry as you felt your eyes water with happiness for the first time in your life. You had never felt so happy to finally see them again, to see him.

"Y/N!" Keith answered, running towards your cell, opening it thanks to Pidge as you fell into his arms, "Good god, I wish I could tell you how good you look, but," He examined you carefully to see each bruise, cut, and newly made scar you had to offer.

"It's so good to see you Y/N," Shiro softly smiled your way, "We've found Y/N. Everyone, head back to your lions!"

"Come on, hold onto me. I'm never going to let you out of my sight again," Keith grinned happily as he carefully yet tightly held onto your weight to support your tired and bruised legs.

You yelped out in pain as your legs gave out, "I can't run. My leg," You winced as Keith lifted you into his arms and continued forward.

Before you could make out your safe rescue, your vision became blurry as you groaned in pain, grabbing Keith's attention, "Y/N, Y/N stay awake for me! We're almost there!"

"Keith," was all you could mumble out before your vision went black.

——

You whimpered in pain as you shot up from your bed, grabbing your ribs as you groaned in pain. You could feel you were healing, but not nearly as fast as you thought.

"Y/N!" Keith examined, running over to your side as he helped you lay back down slowly, "You've got to take it easy. You've been out for the last week. You were in really bad condition when we found you. I'm surprised you even made it that long with how many broke ribs you had," He softly smiled as you as you turned slightly to examine his face, then to the IV in your arm, "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

You closed your eyes, still tired from the long torture you endured till now, and chuckled at his question, "Zarkon wanted me to turn back to his side and when I wouldn't agree, he was upset as expected. The witch tried her hardest, but failed only making father more enraged," You chuckled from the thought, sitting up with the help of Keith as a piece of your hair fell, "After countless beatings by the guards till you arrived, I was only trying to clear my mind and hope for the best. I guess I was right," You smiled at him tiredly.

Keith smiled, you missed his sweet smile, "I wish I could have came sooner. We looked for you everywhere. They'll pay for even thinking of hurting you like that!" He scoffed, annoyed before turning his attention back to you, "You need to rest still. You're still healing from your intense wounds. The healing pod only could do so much. I was scared for a second there you weren't going to wake up," Keith frowned as his head dropped, hand being placed over top yours.

You grinned at him before placing your other hand on his cheek, wanting him to look at you, "Even when I tried clearing mind to help endure the pain more, you always popped back into it. I couldn't keep my mind off you, making me only want to see you again soon. You kept me going. I knew you would find me."

Keith leaned forward to press him forehead against yours in a tender motion, not wanting to initiate anything since he knew you were still on the mend. His hand came up to your cheek to caress it, "I'm so happy I could help you even if I wasn't there."

"I'm so happy to be back and safe with you all," You smiled as the door sounded to open, making Keith lean backwards to see who was entering, still holding your hand. At this point, he didn't really care who knew about the two of you. If it wasn't obvious from his actions the past few weeks, it would be now.

Lance and Hunk entered your room with some water and food with bright smiles, "Hi Y/N! I know you missed us too, not just Mr. Brooding over here," Lance chuckled, making Keith release your hand to stand up in annoyance.

"Who's brooding here? Why are you here anyways?" Keith asked annoyed as he glared at Lance, while Hunk kneeled down to help you sit up as you kindly accepted his offer.

"We came to give Y/N some much needed food! You know how the good ole' food goo does wonders to help the body heal!" Hunk exclaimed happily as he handed you the water, still holding the tray for you.

You gratefully took the water, drinking just about the entire glass. You'd never been so happy to simply drink fresh liquids, humming in satisfaction. Keith kneeled back down to face you as he smiled up at you, only to groan out in pain as Lance leaned on him to face you now.

You chuckled at his advancement as you took a bite of food, watching the show unfold and the boys begin to argue as Hunk tried to stop them while in front of you. Honestly, you missed this. You missed the ship. You missed your room. You missed Keith a lot. But most importantly, you missed your family.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 17, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Cross Roads (Keith x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें