Strategies

After the short game of Monsters and Mana, the speakers suddenly sounded, causing Hunk to shriek. Lance and Keith groaned at Hunk's loud disturbance. 

"Everyone report to the bridge at once," Allura announced calmly over the speaker as we all looked to each other with confusion.

What had been said and what actions were about to be taken.

"Allura, how was the meeting?" Pidge spoke while we all walked in.

"Idiotic," Allura shortly replied without looking up.

"Uh, I think what the princess means to say is that not all of us saw eye to eye, but we think we have a plan to stop Zarkon," Shiro said with caution and concern in his voice.

You eyed your brother as he quietly leaned up against the wall, listening to Shiro. He was up to something, you could see it in his eyes. Your brother was the closest thing you had to family, but he wasn't an angel. He would take advantage of you or anyone else on the ship if that meant him furthering his own agenda, which in this strange case was.

"What's the plan?" You spoke up strongly. Your commanding voice was coming out again as strategies were your thing.

"Lotor informed us that Zarkon has a secret weapon being built on the planet Racxel. It is a cloud like planet that has breathable oxygen, but no land besides the city that was built to hover around it. What the secret weapon is, is still unknown, but finding it and destroying it will lead us that much closer to us ending this war. After we destroy this secret weapon, we will go and infiltrate (Y/N)'s old command center-," Shiro lectured as everyone listened carefully.

"One of the main Galra headquarters, and one of it's most fortified headquarters. Are you sure that is a smart idea? I will not have any of the access codes and will be a wanted traitor to the Galra empire. I'm not worried about being caught. I'm more worried what they would do to all you if you guys got caught," You interrupted as you knew what the outcome would be with hearing little to nothing about the plan.

"Thats why we are taking Lotor with us," Allura chimed in with an unamused tone, still reframing to look at any of us.

"I don't think this is a smart idea. So many things could go wrong from my calculations, and knowing that headquarters like the back of my head is an advantage, but also a downfall," You breathed out as you took a seat.

"Why do you say that?" Hunk stood beside you as he placed a hand on your shoulder lightly.

You flinched as he retreated his hand, "My generals know where I would go. They know me well even without needing to tell them. But sadly, there is something I have reframed from telling you all," You paused as you looked to your brother.

"Sister, it would be wise to be upfront," He carefully spoke as he knew you were a ticking time bomb waiting to go off at this point.

"You can tell us anything (Y/N). We trust you," Pidge said softly as everyone watched you closely.

"This may shift how you all think of me, and know I never thought I would be here in this position of having switched sides, and battling against my father.  Well, guess I'll just be blunt about it. You have all heard of the notorious general Sendak, correct?" You paused as everyone shook their heads yes, "Well, I used to be engaged to him and was soon to wed him before he vanished mysteriously, presuming that he was dead, but he's not. When we went to Thaxlor to help their distress call, he was there on the ground cruiser, the one I infiltrated, and almost captured me. Thats why I had to take a risky escape. He's half machine-like now, not the general I used to know. Knowing him, he has informed my father of my betrayal and is waiting for me to return to my base to either infiltrate it or claim my remaining belongings from my real family," You finished as you looked up to see everyones reactions.

Lotor was looking down as he knew that this would be hard for you and that there would be a lot of judgement. You were prepared, but they needed to know. Pidge, Lance, Coran, and Shiro were all wide eyes, but silent. Allura seemed upset, but also sad for you by her expression. Hunk sat down in disbelief as he wasn't feeling anything, just surprised.

"Wait, you were engaged to that gross pile of meat?" Keith aggressively yelled out as he placed a hand on top of his head while walking in small circles to comprehend what was said.

"It wasn't by choice, if thats what you're asking me," You bluntly spoke as you knew he would be upset, but you also thought he would be understanding after everything the two of you had been through.

"I-I I just," He paused as you waited patiently for him to finish, "I'll be in the training room, inform me of the plan after," Keith said before storming off of the bridge.

You frowned your brow as you weren't sad or upset at his reaction, just disappointed. If anyone should have been upset, it should have been Allura or Shiro, but here they both were understanding of you and your hardship. 

Shiro placed a hand on your shoulder as your expression lightened, "Just give him some time, he'll come around. It's hard for him to get close to people, and when he does, he doesn't like there to be secrets in between them. I'll talk to him," You nodded politely as he turned towards the door.

"Alright brother, lets talk strategies to this idiotic plan,"

*****************************************************

Hi there! Short chapter for you, but I'm excited about the new Voltron season to come out, and even more sad that this is their last season. My heart hurts, but hopefully its amazing and ends the show with the respect it deserves. Enjoy the chapter and more to come. Please share and vote! Much love!