harry

Harry, what if they make you stay in America? What if your career lifts off there and I can't see you again?

The question had been asked multiple times by Niall, but I was unsure of how to answer. I knew he was concerned about me going away and I was too.

"Niall, I really hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll try my hardest. Losing you would be the hardest thing I could ever do."

He nodded and tucked his head further into my neck. I rubbed his back and kissed the side of his head. I love kissing the side of his head, it sort of felt natural by now.

"I'm not going to just walk away from you."

He nodded and I continued.

"I'll never leave you alone."

Maybe it's time after all...

I removed Niall from my lap and reached into my desk drawer. I took out the small box I had put inside and sat back up.

"I was going to wait 'till I left to give you this, but I feel as if I should give it to you now."

I handed it to him and he blinked, staring at me.

"Go ahead, open it."

He ripped the wrapper off and tipped the box open. For the longest time, he just stared inside.

He hates me.

"I-I uh, it's a necklace." I explained, "It has a picture in it, of us."

I opened the locket on the end of the necklace and pointed at the picture. We took that the day I walked him home from when we had first met each other. It was really stupid of me to get it and when I saw it in the store window, all I could think about how I'd be leaving him soon.

"Do...do you like it?"

I leaned down to get a good look at his face and I spotted tears falling from his eyes.

"Niall--"

I was suddenly engulfed in his embrace and I could feel him shaking as he wrote down in his notebook.

Thank you so much Harry. From the bottom of my heart you'll never understand how much I appreciate you. I love you.

You better damn well know I said I love him too, because who wouldn't? Who could even resist the beauty that is Niall Horan?

Maybe not even Zayn can.