niall

hi new readers c: im bria, for those of you who don't know my name. i know i have a bunch that are all caught up now so hi!

Lunch with Zayn was everything but normal. It was so weird, having the guy that punched me in the face and kicked me in the gut paying for our lunch date.

It's not a date Niall. And it never will be. You have a letter at home you're supposed to be sending to your boyfriend.

"So," Zayn said, placing his credit card in the check book, "you haven't really said--sorry, stated anything."

I nodded, avoiding eye contact.

"Niall how many times do I have to say sorry? I'm really trying here, I've always liked you, I just let jealousy and anger get the best of me."

I opened my notes on my iPhone and began to type.

It's not you, it's me. It's going to take me not even a month, probably a year or more, to get used to having you near me without a hurtful insult coming out of your mouth. This is new and weird for me. With Harry away I'm not even comfortable walking out of the house.

"Why?" Zayn asked after reading my long paragraph, "Why are you so uncomfortable with Harry."

Okay first off, both Harry and Louis have told me about your angle with me. It's not going to work. We can build a somewhat friendship, but we will never date Zayn, okay? I've been in fucking love with Harry since I was seven, unsure of how to even pronounce the word love. Even if things were different between us or it was some other guy, I wouldn't drop Harry for someone else like that. I love him, so please don't get yourself hurt.

Zayn nodded throughout and grinned at me.

"You're stronger than I thought."

Yeah, me too. I thought.

"C'mon, I'll take you home then. Maybe we can do this another time."

I'd like that. I wrote down. Maybe we can move past this.