'Oh please! I know, I'm the most enjoyable person who lights up your world on a daily basis.' Laura sarcastically says.

'You do not.' Ella snorts.

'I do.'

'Do not.'

'Do too.'

'I do not.'

'You do.'

Ella bites her tongue as she realises that she just got tricked by Laura.

Laura gives out a victorious smile.

'See. That wasn't hard to say.'

Ella scowls at Laura in return.

As they start eating the scrambled eggs Ella has made, Ella looks at Laura intensely. Yesterday she had locked herself at her room. But now she's eating, even cracking jokes. Perhaps she's alright now.

'Quit looking at me like that. I'm fine.' Laura says, not taking her eyes off her plate.

Ella becomes embarrassed because of getting caught staring.

They finish their breakfast in comfortable silence and Ella insists on doing the dishes. She's cleaning their plates when Laura proposes going out.

'Hey. Let's go out today. We were supposed to tidy up this place but the cartoons are still at the living room unopened. And we haven't bought any paintings or show pieces to decorate this place after coming here. So we can do that and we can roam this busy city.'

.................

SPENT.

This is the first thought that crosses both Ella's and Laura's mind as they stop in front of the Italian restaurant.

They have done shopping alright. The aftermath is that there's barely place left for the two cousin's in the car due to the fact that their shopping bags and groceries are almost spilling out.

Laura didn't want to do shopping. It might have to do with the fact that she hates wasting time at trying dresses after dresses when she can use this time to do something useful. But when someone has a cousin as persistent as Ella, she has to do the unthinkable.

The restaurant has a cozy feeling. Ella wanted to come here. It's a new restaurant close to his company building. But well it's lunch time and after shopping for four hours they're famished. So sue them.

They sit at a table near the glass wall, Laura giving her back and Ella facing the entrance.

Ella starts laughing in a totally unladylike way as Laura starts narrating the humorous conversation she had with her mom, Karen this morning. The bell at the entrance jingles, indicating someone's arrival.

Ella all of a sudden stops her laughter and starts looking a bit shocked.

'Shit!' She curses.

'Jared just came with a guy. Oh my god! It seems like they're heading our way.'

Laura stiffens at Ella's words.

'Damn! Hide your face. Hide your face.' Laura hurriedly says and brings her hair in front of her face as she looks out the window.

No way in hell is she gonna let Jared see her! Although he's gonna meet her tomorrow anyways.

Ella hides her face behind the menu. But Jared doesn't even glance at their way as he goes past them and settles two tables behind them.

'Idiot, Jared won't recognise you when he doesn't even know you. Call the waiter to come with the bill. We're leaving immediately.'

Ella forms an 'O' and calls the waiter. Laura gives her credit card in a haste and after paying the bill hurriedly stands up and goes towards the door.

Just as she's about to step outside she grits her teeth and takes a small glance at Jared. He's actually here with his secretary.

Laura stops staring at him and pulls the glass door. As the outside wind hits her she realises that Jared is still the same old Jared. Same long coffee coloured hair, high cheekbones. Only difference is that he's more manly and more tall. Also more handsome if that's even possible.

................

'The new branch is facing some difficulties. Also that manager is behaving like he owns the place so.....' Reid trails off.

'You're saying he should be fired. Right?' Jared asks.

When Reid nods his head nervously Jared smirks.

'Well he can kiss this company goodbye after this month. The bulletin  board will be up next month after all.'

They stop talking about business and order food. Jared start looking around sizing up this restaurant. It was Reid's plan to come here saying that the food is good.

As he is looking around he notices a red head sitting two tables in front of them facing him. Her face is blocked by the girl sitting in front of her.

The red head along with that girl gets up and start leaving. Jared sees the red head's back. She's tall, he has to give her that. Among the sea of these people she instantly stands out with her ginger hair. Perhaps she has a decent look, Jared wonders.

As they get out the door closes with a thud and Jared breaks out of his strance. He can't believe he was fantasizing about a girl after seeing her BACK. Maybe it was her hair. It captivated him like her.

Jared shakes his head. Of course she's not her. She can't be. But still she captivated him like no other and he didn't even see her face.

How stupid of him! Wondering about her even after eight long years. How he wishes to see her. Even for only once. Only to make sure that she's alright.

...............

'Why didn't you want him to see you? You're gonna meet him tomorrow anyway.' Ella asks Laura at the car.

Laura's driving. She knows Ella has been dying to ask her this for the last ten minutes.

'It's nothing actually. I was just nervous. You know I didn't really part good way with his secretary yesterday. And I was not up for a awkward conversation.'

Laura lies. It seems like Ella wants to say something else but decides against it.

It's not that she wasn't up for an awkward conversation. It's only that she didn't think she was ready to see him..... yet.

She didn't know how to face him today. But she'll figure out tomorrow. Somehow.

............................

Hey guys. I'm really sorry for not updating earlier. I was in my relative's place. Most of my cousins were there. So I couldn't really rewrite this chapter. But don't worry. I'm back. And I'm planning on writing frequently till next week.

So......it was a longgggg chapter. It's the longest I've ever written. Anyway I know this is not really an important chapter. Still we had a glimpse of Jared. The important part of the story will start from the next chapter. There will be new characters.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

- Arin