Chapter 5 : Outing

Unedited.
__________________________________

A week before Crystal's Birthday.

"This specie is found in the tropical regions of India, South America and Africa," Dr. Lance pointed the black board with a chalk in his hand and explained to his class.

"It has two thousand varieties that are found and still many more-- Joe!" Professor Lance snapped at the boy dreaming on the last bench.

Despite him yelling at the boy while the entire class turned their heads at him and some even giggled including Mel and Harry, it still didn't wake Joe up.

"Joseph Andersen!" Dr. Lance shouted again which made Joe jolt up and look around in shock, "Yes mom! "

The class burst out laughing at hin and even Crystal chuckled a little. When reality dawned upon him, he lazily eyed Dr. Lance and spoke, "Oh thank God, it's not mom."

"Good lord, boy! Pay attention in class or leave!" Professor Lance stood there with a red face and looked like a pressure cooker ready to burst.

To his relief, Joe nodded drowsily and knuckled his eyes after letting out a wide and loud yawn which sent a wave of suppressed laughter and grins around the class.

"Silence now," Professor knocked the desk before him and looked at each and every student and shot a special glare at Joe.

"I have an important announcement to make," He walked about his desk and started pacing before the students, "Tomorrow, me and my colleagues which include ecologists and evolutionary biologists, have teamed up for an expedition to another country. Therefore, you will have a month's leave and-"

"Yes!" Joe made a victory sign and slammed a high five with his friend, Harry. No sooner when they did that, the entire class howled and cheered.

"Class.." Dr. Lance began but no student paid him any attention rather, they chatted gaily about their plans to enjoy the holidays and some of the boys had already thrown away the sheets around in excitement, "Class!" the professor yelled this time yet no one looked at him. Everyone was too engrossed in their new found happiness.

He put a hand on his head and looked around in frustration. He then picked up the duster and stomped it on the desk before yelling out loud, "Silence!"

The students stopped and a pin drop silence prevailed, "Let me complete," He shot yet another glare at Joe who couldn't control the huge smile on his face and continued, "Your next class is on fourth of next month. Please do note down your homework before leaving the class." Dr. Lance sighed and started scribbling down the work on the black board with his chalk, "I will check whether each and everyone of you has completed the task. If I find any student without their homework, don't bother coming to my class the next day."

"Yes, Dr. Lance," Mel said happily and rolled her eyes at her classmates.

"Yes, Dr. Lance," Joe mimicked Mel's voice in a shrill and childish way making the entire room burst into laughter.

__________________________________

Crystal's P. O. V. -

It was like any other day for me.

After the class, everyone scattered back home and upon reaching the bakery, I explained father about the short lecture that we had and how we were going to have the next month off.

"Are you happy then?" Papa placed a hand on his hip and smiled, "Yes, I am," I chuckled before I left to pick up my apron.

My father and I worked along the morning happily baking and serving the customers. Thankfully, there was not much rush today and it was quite relaxing.