[ 21 ]

T W E N T Y  -  O N E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T W E N T Y  -  O N E THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING to say?"

"I'm trying to say that you've started making me feeling things. It's similar to what I've felt before but you make it different. This... this Ahn Hyerin is what I call a pre-confession. I like you. Maybe not enough to be called your boyfriend. But if I'm being childish, I have a crush on you. The reason I'm telling you this and not just ignoring my heart... like I said... it's different. You're different. And I'm not saying that as every other guy in this world. I'm not ignoring my heart because I know my heart will want more. I want more of you. I'm at this point where I can't imagine anyone else being you boyfriend but me. And I know you we've only talked for like an actual month, even though we've known each other since middle-school. You don't have to reply. Just take this 'pre-confession' in consideration."

• • •

That confession was two days ago, today

That confession was two days ago, today. And for the past two days, Hyerin had been ignoring Eunwoo. Well, not necessarily ignoring... more like avoiding. Sunday was easy for her as she cooped herself up in her room. But Monday had rolled around. Another school day with another problem. Other than Hyerin's tiny dilemma, there was some good news for her best friends. They had gotten their girls. Park Woojin was officially dating Kim Sohye. Park Jihoon was officially dating Kang Mina. '2Park' had become something like news headlines among the school students.

Even Lee Seokmin, the school's website editor, posted a full 'breaking news' post. Aside from the evil comments from the student fangirls, people were very supportive of the idea. Especially Hyerin, the Wanna One members, I.O.I members and Astro members. But she couldn't decide whether this was good for her or not. As happy as she was for them, with her current situation, she felt insecure in a way. But what was the reason for Hyerin avoiding Eunwoo? All he asked was to take note of his confession.

To be honest, Hyerin quite frankly afraid. Because he recently had been making her heart flutter too. But then her mother's love story came to mind. She remembered how hurt her mother was by her father's decision. She was only twelve at the time but the dislike that grew within her had turned firm by now. Moreover, Eunwoo's confession raised two questions in her mind. One, did she believe in love? Two, did she believe in a happy ever after? Her mom was happy in the end wasn't she? She spent everyday with her two daughters and her sister and nephew.

Her mom found her happy ever after in her family. And thinking about being with Eunwoo already made a faint smile crawl onto her face. But wasn't he about to debut? She was sure Fantiago had a dating-ban in their trainees' contracts. "What are you thinking so deeply about?" Jihoon placed his elbow on her shoulder, walking down the school hallway. Hyerin looked up at her newly taken best friend. "Life?" She told him with uncertainty, making him grin cheekily. "Sounds fun."

"Sure." She rolled her eyes, before poking him in the arm. "So... how's Mina? I bumped into her earlier and asked the same thing. She blushed a lot and stuttered when she told me. She said and I quote, "He's very n-nice. And a-adorable. I-I hope we stay together for a-a long time." You guys are whipped." She hit his shoulder with hers. He turned her face away from him, feeling his face for any heat. "Shut up. Just in case you think Woojin or I going to change or something. Don't worry. You are our first priority. The moment you say you've got a boyfriend that you really like. We'll put our girlfriends above you." He poked her nose, sounding like a cousin of hers she knew. "God.. I feel like I just visited Daniel." She whacked him lightly in the stomach. "You fucker. I'm un-prioritizing you." He wheezed out, rubbing his stomach with a pout.

"I'm all for it. I would actually love to see you not worry about me."

• • •

"What's with all the crowding?" Woojin asked Kim Mingyu as the trio arrived to the school cafeteria. "New girl in the junior department." He replied, taking a bite of his apple that the school had served as a part of the menu that day. The trio exchanged curious looks as to who this girl was. It was pretty rare for this school to have new students other than the first years. Especially in the junior and senior year. Wondering whether they would get to see her face, the people who made it happen came right on time. "What's going on?" Eunwoo asked, grabbing immediate attention.

Hyerin glanced away from him, hoping someone else would answer. And it seemed that luck was in her stars as Jihoon responded. "A new second-year girl." The crowd separated seeing the trio and Astro together. Revealing the girl and her voice when she saw them. "Oppa!" She squealed in delight, all eight out of nine friends paused. Thinking back to what the new girl had just said. "Oppa? Which one of you fuckers dated a high-pitched child?" Woojin sighed in annoyance as Hyerin nodded absentmindedly in agreement. Myungjun looked at Jinwoo who had a sour and sore expression on his face.

"Oh fucking come on. Out of all the people as well." Sanha chuckled dryly, "Don't forget out of all the schools as well. I still can't believe you dated her." The five Astro members turned toward's their 'center' with exhausted faces, who looked as bewildered as anyone else. Hyerin blinked slowly, taking a look at the girl then Eunwoo. I mean... she understood why. The new girl was like Eunwoo. Perfect looking. Except she didn't seem to be humble or mannered. Hell, the Busan female wondered if the girl even knew what that meant. Eunwoo didn't meet the girl's eyes, instead he met his neighbor's.

"Yeoleobun. (Everyone.) Meet Kim Seolhyun. My ex-ex-girlfriend."