[ 07 ]

S E V E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

S E V E NTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

CHA EUNWOO

CHA EUNWOO. THE SCHOOL'S rich golden boy was in Hyerin's middle class home. Both parties were surprised actually. But he was less surprised than she was. The moment his face was revealed from her mother opening the door, her mind had stopped working. And not in a good way. Her bows were stiff and her welcoming smiles were forced. The dinner had started off with a introduction section. "We normally have our youngest son here too. But Donghyun is studying in China, I hope you understand." The little sister looked at her food purely uninterested. "I fucking understand alright." She mumbled underneath her breath, making Hyerin press her lips to restrain herself from smiling.

Eunwoo's mother smiled widely, putting her hands on her son's shoulders. "This is my oldest son. Dongmin. Our family's handsome pride. He's in his last year at Incheon Haesong High School." The male's eyes turned into crescents, bowing lightly towards Hyerin's mother. Who faked a surprised expression, "Omo. (Oh my god.) He is very handsome!" The three parents laughed along with each other. The two siblings exchanged weirded out looks, taking a quick glance at Eunwoo, who rubbed his neck awkwardly. "You know my daughter also goes to the same school as Dongmin, as a senior. Right, Hyerin-ah?"

"Oh- right." She gave a curt and soft nod to his parents. It had gotten to the point where the dinner was just three adults talking to teach other. Hyesoo had gotten to her tolerance limit so much that she willingly went off to do the dishes. So much for the younger sister that had to be bribed to do them. Now Hyerin felt she was in middle of a meeting to get married or something. "Uh.. I'll let you talk. I'll just go do the laundry." She bowed quickly, heading over to the laundry room to get the big basket of clothes. Eunwoo glanced at her and then back at the table. "I'll go help her." After Hyerin's mother's several refusals (fake), she finally let him help her. He walked to the girl and grabbed the bucket effortlessly off her. She bow slightly with her head to say thanks. They walked out of the home and up to the terrace. Hyerin opened the door for to get through. Eunwoo's eyes widened amongst his arrival to the place. It was a sight to see. Especially at the time where the sun was just falling back to sleep.

( it's actually in seoul but you didn't know that )

"Wow." He gaped at the scenery, a small smile made its way onto the girl's face. "I know. In this block, there's only four apartments. Around three years ago, room 302's halmeoni (grandma) and her three grandchildren and room 301's two parents and a toddler, my sister and I, along with Jihoon and Woojin, decorated this place. It used to be in a pretty bad shape." Her smile grew bigger as she walked onto the wooden planks. Eunwoo flickered her eyes over her, nodding slowly while he comprehended the sight. He placed the bucket on the floor, "So we do the laundry up here?" He genuinely asked Hyerin. Who stiffly nodded, pointing at the clothes airer and washing line. "There were only three families before you came, and we have very small balconies for each apartment. So we decided to dry all our laundry up here. We have a line and airer each." She said dragging the bucket towards the third set of washing equipment allotted to her family.

"Since you asked so genuinely, I assume you either had someone else do your laundry or you had your own laundry room. Take a seat, Learn and watch, pretty boy." Eunwoo nodded, heading to one of the benches in the middle of the terrace. His eyes followed her movements, tilting his head to the side. "You're right you know. About the laundry thing. We did have someone to do our laundry." Hyerin moved her face away from the shirt while she flicked it in the air to get rid of the wrinkles.

She nodded to his statement, "Why did you move here then? Why move to a middle class neighborhood when you already have everything? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Eunwoo blinked slowly, inhaling deeply while giving her questions a good think. He opened his mouth, "Business. My parents think they'll get the next ten years of income here. I can't say that they're wrong. It's how my whole childhood has been based. Their predictions normally come true."

"Well? Do you like this place? Or do you not want to admit liking the middle class life?" She narrowed her eyes sarcastically, making a soft laugh escape Eunwoo's mouth. He shook his head, staring at the now dull grey sky. "I love it. As weird as it sounds... I want to struggle too. I don't want be protected from falling down and failing. That's normal. It's part of life." Hyerin put the last wet piece of clothing down. She took a seat on one of the benches across him, cross her legs comfortably. "That does sound weird. The boy who has everything wants to struggle. He doesn't want everything." He moved his gaze from the sky, looking into her eyes.

Making her glance away from him, "Wanna swap lives?" He asked jokingly, wiggling his eyebrows at her. Hyerin shook her head in disagreement, Eunwoo raised a brow. "When you struggle, you forms bonds that money can't make. In a way it's the same for you. All your closest friends are like brothers to you, right? But they also have everything. Same pinch, huh?"

"I guess so... but can the person who has everything be friends with someone who struggles?"

"Hmm... I don't know. I've never tried."

"Then can we try? Let's be friends, Hyerin-ah."