[ 20 ]

T W E N T Y
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T W E N T Y THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

HYERIN FINISHED OFF TYING her late birthday present for Eunwoo

HYERIN FINISHED OFF TYING her late birthday present for Eunwoo. The boy had asked her to meet him up on the terrace. She popped the the small box in a gift bag before reaching for her door to leave. But suddenly she felt insecure about her appearance. Was what she was wearing good? It was just a black shirt and a pair of jeans. Why did she care? Why now? She shouldn't of had to care. She stared at herself in the mirror and bit down on her lip. Hyerin shook the idea out of her head. She went up the stairs towards the terrace, opening the door to the beautiful scenery she had created with the others.

Eunwoo laid on one of the outdoor beds, looking up at the evening sky. "What are you doing?" She asked the boy, removing her slippers from her feet and taking a seat with him. "Just thinking." He commented, lifting up his body to meet her eyes. Hyerin extended out her arm, the small gift bag hanging off her fingers. "Here's a late present. Happy late birthday, Dongmin-ah." His eyes widened, taking the bag off her fingers, slightly grazing her hand with his own touch. Did people call it sparks? Or an electric current? Whatever it was, she felt it. She didn't know about him but she sure did. What a scary feeling. She watched as Eunwoo opened the bag to find the small box. Hyerin opened her mouth to explain the gift.

"Basically I didn't know what to get a person who has everything. But then it seemed to me that you couldn't differ yourself on who to be. Cha Eunwoo or Lee Dongmin. So I asked my aunt who has a jewelry shop here to create this necklace. The locket opens with the key of the bracelet. When it opened, it has two puzzle pieces which contain both of your names. You can decide your identity by taking one piece and fixing it at the front of the locket." She explained to the boy, who eyes were sparkling opening the box. In a way, it was an odd gift. Because she didn't know him that well to just give a necklace with such meaning to him.

But that was kind of the special part of it. She didn't know him but she understood him. "God... you don't like it do you? It's stupid- I knew it. Boys don't really wear—" Eunwoo cut her off, shaking his head at her. "No. I don't like it. I freakin love it." Hyerin let out the breath she didn't know she was holding. "Thank fucking God. I would've returned it if you didn't. And even if I got a discount from my aunt, it was still pricey." She joked around, making him grin even more. He took out the two pieces of jewelry.

"Do you mind putting the necklace on me?" She shrugged, taking the piece of silver jewelry into her hands. Hyerin moved behind him, adorning his neck with the glimmering necklace. She put the lock into place, before taking her seat next to him. Eunwoo looked down at the gift, smiling widely at it. He turned to the girl, "Pull out your hand." He told her, making her raise a brow in confusion. She hesitantly extended her hand before he grabbed it further. He chuckled at her wary expression, wrapping the bracelet around her wrist. Hyerin furrowed her brows while she looked at the key charm. "You're meant to be wearing this. Not me. It's to identify of your heart you unlock." She reminded him. The male smiled softly to himself, "Either heart... you've won both. Cha Eunwoo and Lee Dongmin is Mr. Visual."

She paused in place, opening her mouth to speak but no words formed. "I told you I'll find you." He bumped her shoulder, lightly laughing at her thoughtful expression. She nodded slowly, "You're fucking good. You really are great at acting. Tell Fantiago to put you in a drama or I'll sue them! But now that I think about it, your voices were way too similar. I probably should've known."

"Why didn't you? I mean, being the second top studious female student and all, you sure were stupid." Eunwoo teased her, making her pout in feigned annoyance. "I think it was the breeze up there. It kind of distorts your voice. It's so raw and rough up on the terrace but here it's very soft but deep." She picked up why she thought they were different people, scratching her head while she laughed nervously. He chuckled at her, "I guess so. But the moment you said my name... my heart actually stopped. So I thought of this revealing day thingy. I also threw you off by mentioning me. Pretty convenient isn't it? You give me a late birthday gift surprise and I surprise you in return." Her eyes turned into crescents, nodding at his rhetorical question.

"I feel stupider." She told him, making him laugh out loud. Hyerin brought her fingers to her wrist, heading for the lock of the bracelet. "But still... this really belongs to you." She urged, about to open the bracelet before his hand stopped her. "Keep it." Eunwoo told her with a sincere smile, making her feel even more confused. "Why?"

"I told you before. You won 'both' of my 'hearts'. It's yours to decide which one you want open. As in the end, both hearts come from the same person."