[ 01 ]

O N E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

O N ETHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

IT WAS FRESH

IT WAS FRESH. THE school year I mean. Hyerin had just taken her first step into her last year of high school. And in a way she couldn't be more relieved despite being so sad. Deep down within her, she knew that there was a very, very, very, low chance she would ever see these people again. Sure all the students at her high school were snakes, but even snakes complete the school picture, ya know? Although, one thing she definitely knew she wouldn't miss was the school's popular elites. Also known as Astro. The elite group was made of six members.

Four in their senior year and two in their second to last year. In the senior year, there was Myungjun, Eunwoo, Jinwoo and Moonbin. In the junior year we had Minhyuk and Sanha. Six rich boys. They came out as humble, modest, down-to-earth and sweet people. But didn't Hyerin believe that for one second? Nope. Almost ninety-five percent of rich kids she saw were either spoilt, cocky or brats. She had a hard time believing that these six boys were apart of the five percent of innocent wealthy kids. Especially considering that the whole school wanted to be friends with them.

"Look at them! They look so cool!"

"Hey Eunwoo. Let's have lunch together!"

"H-Hi Eunwoo. I'm a big fan. I-I even run your fanclub."

"Oh my, gosh! Sanha is so cute!"

"Jinwoo's smile is so angelic!"

"Look at Eunwoo. He really loves up to his nickname."

"Are there really no guys in this school that can go up against them? All these girls are fawning over these rich jerks... us guys should get a shot too!"

If you look back over those comments, which names comes out the most? Eunwoo. Cha Eunwoo, or Lee Dongmin as his real name goes, was what you could call the center of the group. The visual or the face of the group. The nickname he lives up to is 'Face Genius'. He was mainly known for his handsome and angelic looks other than his money and popularity. It was sad really. People only wanted to be his friend because of his popularity, his looks and his money.

"He has the looks, the popularity, the money, the grades and every elderly and child to his feet. Imagine being this influential and still picking to become an idol. Tch! Man if I were his parents, I would've knocked some sense into him." That comment came from Park Jihoon. One of three people who almost made it into Astro. Jihoon had the looks, the popularity and grades. The only thing he didn't have was money. Well, not as much as them of course.

"Well, you're not his parents. Plus you're the one who's talking, Mr. Maroo Ent." Hyerin poked fun at him while opening her locker. Jihoon narrowed his eyes as a pout was formed onto his face. It was also his dream to become an idol. He was so happy four years ago when he got accepted into Maroo Entertainment as a trainee. "I'm pretty sure that was only because I was a child actor." He scratched his head awkwardly, leaning against his locker which was next to hers.

Hyerin rolled her eyes, laughing softly. "Oh! Did you hear J-hope's mixtape? It should've been released earlier, teasing us like that was excruciatingly painful." He pressed his lips when talking about her former bias. She nodded, closing her locker shut. "Yes! He looked great, acting as a goddamn actor in his own music video." The duo walked into the busy school halls, hearing the squeals of the first and second year girls.

Hyerin took a glance at Jihoon, shaking her head at the little to no effort he put in to capture all the female dongsaengs' hearts. "What do we have first?" He asked, taking a look at the time on his phone, which read 7:55 am. "Homeroom and then English. You know... can you believe we've been in the same class from the first year till now?" Jihoon pondered over the question, eyes widening in realization that what she just said was true. He nodded slowly, "I know right! I'm so glad this is the last year. I can finally get away from you." He sung teasingly, only to get hit in the arm return. Hyerin grinned cheekily at his winces and soft groans of pain. "Now let's go before we get late!" Jihoon dragged her towards their first class.

• • •

Between each of the four morning classes, in Korea you would get a ten minute break. Hyerin like to use those as times to sleep. Especially during the spring and summer season. The school semester starts in March and like every year Hyerin would go to the top of the school terrace. It was like a school hangout up there as none of the teachers or janitors would ever come up there to look. There were a few worn out desks and chairs along with some beanbags. Two years ago, a group of seniors even managed to get a couch onto it. They became the school's most prized people after Astro.

Even though the beanbags and couch sounded inviting, they did not look inviting. So she sat down in a desk in front of the couch, pillow on the surface, head resting while earphones were plugged into her ears. No music played but it was an excuse to not talk to anyone. Once she reached there, within three minutes she was about to fall asleep.

The average person got around fifty hours of sleep in a week, but Hyerin got around twenty due to her insomnia. Unlike every other year, today was different from the past two years. Just when her eyes were about to shut for the next six minutes, she heard footsteps behind her. But she didn't dare to look up and find out who it was. She just thought it was some student. "Oh? Someone's already here? And they're asleep." The male chuckled softly, shaking his head at the student in front of him.

"Would you like to listen to my rant?"