twenty-one

Zia laughed

Zia laughed. Brett twirled her around in their living room. He hugged her and pressed a messy kiss to her cheek.

Brett moved out of his old apartment. It was too big for two people - especially since Zia and he would be sleeping together.

He was sad to see Lorilee's room go, but he had to let go. Besides, someone else would move in and make that room their own special room.

Brett bought another apartment for cheaper. It would last him another year and a half before he graduated and went to a college far away from Beacon Hills. He would return, but not just yet.

Zia wouldn't be going with him. She was nowhere nearly as educated as him, but she didn't mind. She would stay in Beacon Hills, building her own pack. Brett promised to visit when he had breaks, but they wouldn't have to worry about that yet.

Zia was fine. There was a scar from the gunshot, but she survived because of Melissa and anesthesia. Those two combined truly saved her life.

"I'm glad you're in my life," he whispered.

"Me too. Now, come on. We have to talk to some teenagers about joining our pack. Our adventure isn't over just yet."

Brett groaned. "Not one night. Not even one night where I get to relax and maybe even have sex with you," Brett complained.

Zia rolled her eyes. "Come on. Beacon Hills is never done with its antics."