seven

Mason was talking to Liam about what could be the new creature that had been responsible for last days' events

"I was saying that if we're talking about some sort of mythical creature that's so powerful the only safe place to put it is in the Wild Hunt, then we have a serious problem," Mason apprehensively said.

Liam didn't look anxious like Mason. He was only focused on lacrosse. "Can we figure it out while I'm running drills? Brett's meeting me to help the freshmen that wanna make First Line."

Upon hearing Brett's name, Mason looked at Liam suspiciously while pointing his index finger at him. "Brett? Incredibly hot Brett with the eight-pack abs?"

Liam scoffed. "Pretty sure his name is just Brett."

"He has an eight-pack," Mason stated dreamily. "Do you - do you know how hard it is for the human body to have an eight-pack? God."

Liam stared at his best friend blankly as he stared off into space.

"Wait, why is he helping you?" Mason asked.

"I couldn't get anyone else to volunteer."

Mason turned around to looked at all other lacrosse players, who were also getting ready for drills. "Well. Yeah, that's because there's no way any of 'em are gonna make First Line. I mean, no one does before junior year."

Liam grimaced. "Scott did and so did I."

"Yeah, with little supernatural help."

At the Beacon Hills lacrosse field, Brett just scored a point, and his teammates applauded him as he basked in the glory.

"That's called a perfect hitch," Brett said, cocking a sly grin at Liam.

Liam sighed and rolled his eyes before heading back to defense. Corey, as the goalie, was also ready to defend. Brett took the ball and managed to easily pass Liam and scored again, causing his friends to cheer.

"Perfect split dodge," Brett informed.

Liam hit himself in the helmet with his lacrosse stick to psych himself up. Brett scooped the ball up. Liam was able to put himself in front of Brett, but Brett rammed into Liam's shoulder. Because of Brett's strength, Liam and his stick fell to the ground, and Brett scored yet again.

"Perfect rocker," Brett mocked.

Liam stood up and turned to the freshman students playing, demonstrating his ability of being a future captain.