eighteen

Gerard was shaking slightly with fear

Gerard was shaking slightly with fear. He knew what the Anuk-ite was capable of. "You'll forgive me for not looking you in the eye while talking. I've heard the stories of how lethal it can be." Gerard took a deep breath to calm himself down. "I know what you want. You want your freedom - that means getting rid of people like Scott McCall."

The Anuk-ite spoke in a distorted voice. He had no mouth, so it was most likely capable of telepathic communication. "The Alpha."

Gerard nodded. "That's right. We both know you can't match him in a physical fight. You might be able to kill him with a look, but you'd be surprised at how resourceful he can be."

"Your offer?"

"I will weaken him for you with the proper poison. Then, you kill him and his friends," Gerard answered. "And that will give you all the fear you need to never be caught again."

The Anuk-ite suddenly moved across the room until it was only centimeters from the back of Gerard's head. "And you?"

Gerard smirked, despite the slight fear creeping up on him. "I'll drive every last one of their kind from Beacon Hills."

Gerard pulled a bullet with the Argent fleur-de-lis stamped on it out his pocket and held it up so that the Anuk-ite could see it over his shoulder. "See this? A silver bullet. Every legend has a little truth to it. Isn't that right? The legend is that you need silver to kill a werewolf." He smirked smugly. "The truth? You need an Argent." Gerard slammed the bullet onto the metal counter.

"What about the mermaid?" the Anuk-ite asked. "I want her meat. I can be twice as powerful with her in my stomach."

Gerald gulped. "Then, I'll get her for you, and you can have her...meat."