fifteen

Melissa was caught in the crossfire at her house

Melissa was caught in the crossfire at her house. Gabe shot through the windows of her house while Scott and the pack, along with Brett and Zia, were in there. Melissa was shot. She was immediately sent to the hospital and was undergoing surgery.

No one knew it was Gabe. He told Monroe that Nolan did it. Gabe did it to protect him, but now Nolan was awed for something he didn't do.

Later at the school, Liam, Theo showed Scott, Brett, Zia, and Malia the bodies in the freezer.

Zia scowled. "That's perfectly good meat wasted. All of this could have lasted me a month! Are humans always so stupid?"

Brett sighed. "We don't talk about cannibalism out loud, Zia. We can think about it, but we shouldn't say it out loud."

"I think that's fine," Malia stated. "I've eaten a human before."

They all looked at her.

"What? Oh - I meant when I was still a coyote!" She made a face. "Either way, it's a bad day for finding bodies."

Liam sighed. "There's gonna be a lot more if we don't find Aaron's other half."

"Which we know nothing about," Theo added.

"We do know one thing," Scott peeped. "We know it's a werewolf."

"We need to find this other werewolf right now," Theo demanded. "Preferably before they merge."

"What happens if they merge?" Malia asked.

"I don't know, but I got a feeling that it's not going to be good. Any chance you got to put together that army, Scott?" Theo asked.

Scott gestured to him and them. "You're looking at it."

"We're going to die," Zia deadpanned.

Brett sighed. "Yep."

Peter suddenly showed up by the doorway. He was covered in soot while holding a burnt steering wheel.

"Let's hope this thing doesn't feed off desperation, because this room reeks of it," Peter insulted.

Malia eyed him. "What happened?"

"The hunters destroyed my perfect automobile. So, if this thing had anything to do with it, I'd like to see its demise is appropriately painful," Peter said.

"Who is he?" Zia asked.

"Is this the mermaid?" Peter asked.

"Peter Hale. He's someone we don't talk about or to," Liam stated.

"You're small for a carnivorous creature," Peter said.

"You're kind of old to be calling me small. This is harassment," she retorted.

"Has she been going to school?" Peter asked.

"Did he graduate?" Zia asked.

"Okay, okay - let's go," Scott demanded.