eleven

"Lori was murdered - killed by the new hunter in Beacon Hills

"Lori was murdered - killed by the new hunter in Beacon Hills. Brett told us it was Monroe. You know, when she took out the Hellhound, we thought it was just luck - we were dealing with an amateur. But now we know that Monroe has a teacher," Scott said.

"Gerard," Chris breathed out. "Which means this is my fault. I'm the one who let him go."

"You couldn't have done anything," Lydia reassured.

"He could've killed him," Malia retorted.

Everyone gave her pointed looks. She made a look and looked away.

"Just saying..."

Lydia huffed. "We're not executioners."

"You are when it comes to war," Malia retorted.

"That's why we're gonna make peace," Scott decoded.

Lydia scoffed. "With Gerard?"

"Lydia, you know what's coming. We all keep using the same word - "

" - war," Chris finished.

With a war on the horizon, Chris and Scott wanted a peace summit with Gerard, but it was most likely not going to happen. Negotiating with Gerard was impossible. He always wanted more then he should have gotten.

"So what stops a war from happening?" Malia asked.

"A peace summit," Chris suggested.

Scott nodded. "Right. We meet face-to-face with Gerard, find out what he wants, and then we stop all this before it gets any worse."

Lydia sighed exasperatedly. "Last time Gerard was at a peace meeting was with Deucalion. He blinded him and then killed everybody else, including his own men!"

"I'll go. We know he's not going to kill me," Chris said.

Malia raised an eyebrow. "You sure about that?"

Chris shrugged. "Not really."

"All we need is to find out what he wants, then we can bargain," Scott said.

"Even if he does agree, his terms might be difficult to meet," Chris explained.

"Well, that's why it's a negotiation. I don't expect to get anything without giving something up," Scott concluded.

"Then you're gonna have to figure out just how much you're willing to give, and how far you're willing to go to stop a war," Chris explained.

Meanwhile, Brett was still grieving his sister's death. He was angry and sad. Monroe was still on the loose, capturing and killing whatever creature she could. Brett had Zia on a tight leash, but she didn't mind. She wanted to help him through his grieving. Brett was going to the gym every day, using a punching bag to release his frustration.

One time, he came home to smoke in his kitchen. Zia tried to make something for Brett to eat because she noticed he hadn't been eating since Lorilee's death. Lorilee was hit by a car. The driver didn't even seem to be phased by the hitting of a teenage girl.

He scolded Zia, but all she did was pout and defend herself by saying she wanted to take care of him like a proper alpha. He sighed softly and nodded, cleaning up the mess she made. Zia helped quietly, peeking at him multiple times.

With Lorilee's death, Brett moved into her room. Zia stayed in his room. Brett decorated Lorilee's room slightly, making it more manly, but he kept some aspects and details of her room to remember her.