sixteen

Scott, Liam, Mason, Theo, Brett, and Zia were in the reception area of the clinic, listening to a voicemail left on a flip-phone that Scott, Malia, and Lydia found on a flayed corpse's body at the Primal's lair the previous evening

The voice was female and they couldn't identify it, but each of them had an inkling to who it was. They just couldn't remember.

"Hey, it's me again. I - uh - don't know why you can't seem to call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But, this is too long. It - It's too much. It's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills - to the people here. I just... I just, I need to know everyone there with you is okay. So, can you just please, please call me. Please? One call. That's all I'm asking for. And, if you can't call me back, then I'm going to get my answer anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself if I don't get a call from you. I'm coming up there. So, just try... Try to remember...it's my pack, too."

Scott walked over to the phone and flipped it closed before looking at the group. Liam and Mason were sitting on top of a desk nearby, while Theo was leaning against the door frame. Zia was clinging onto Brett's t-shirt, refusing to let him go because she "didn't like the turn of events."

"You pulled this off of one of the bodies in the woods?" Theo asked Scott.

"Malia did," Liam answered.

"Yeah, there are six dead bodies. One of them had no face," Scott said.

"Okay, so the one with no face - do you think that's the woman on the phone?" Theo asked.

Scott sighed and shrugged, completely stressed out. "Maybe..."

"It's the same thing that happened to Aaron. It took over his body, basically stole his face and his DNA. So, that means whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite," Mason concluded.

"Which means she's just half of the problem. The other half, we already know about." Theo gestured to Liam. "Aaron."

"We don't know where he is, though," Liam retorted.

"Okay, hold on. Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? We know about one half - let's just go for that one! That's Aaron," Theo said.

Mason sighed. "I'm not agreeing with Theo, but I do think it would be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on the phone."

Liam made a disgusted face and wiggled his finger at Mason. "That's agreeing with Theo."

Mason shrugged. "Yeah, but I thought I'd try to soften the blow a little bit."

Theo sighed, rolling his eyes in Mason's direction before speaking. "Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?" Theo asked incredulously.

Liam clenched his jaw and rolled his eyes. "No. We just don't like it." Liam made another face and turned to Scott, hoping he would agree with him.

"Maybe, we're all right," Scott suggested. "Maybe, we should be looking for both - Aaron and the woman on the phone." Scott stared at Mason and Theo. "And, since you both agree..."

Mason shook his head. "Wait, you mean me - "

" - and him?" Theo asked.

Scott nodded. "Yeah, you can take Zia. You three find Aaron." Scott picked up the phone. "Liam, Brett, and I will figure out whose voice is on the phone."

Zia frowned, looking up at Brett. "Why do I have to be separated from Brett? What if something happens?"

Scott sighed. "I figured you'd rather be with Theo and Mason, than Liam and I. We should split the group up evenly."

Zia pursed her lips. "Can I trade you Theo for Brett?"

"No," Liam answered. "I don't want him."

"I don't want him either," she retorted, hands on her hips.

"I'm right here!" Theo exclaimed.

Brett patted Zia's head. "I'll be fine, Zia. I have Scott and Liam. Let's just find Aaron, so we're not in danger anymore, okay?"

She reluctantly nodded. "Be safe," she whispered.

"You too."

Theo rolled his eyes. "Can we get this show on the road now? I think Ariel and Eric are ready to have sex on that table."

"Was that a reference? I don't understand it," Zia stated.

Liam took the phone from Scott's hand and examined it. "It's a cartoon. Anyway, so if we find the other half, maybe we don't have to fight at all. We stop the Anuk-ite - "

" - we stop the war," Scott finished.