7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?

Start from the beginning

"You're making it hard for me to go," I mumbled to myself. "I made a decision of leaving this pack quietly and head to Moscow. Maybe I could stay for a while."

'You could stay, you know.' Rain said.

'And forget everything I've tried to do all those years and all the running?' I replied.

'He'll protect you.'

'I'm not worried about me, Rain. I'm worried about his pack. They'll come for me and they are stronger.'

'You should have faith in your mate, Mia. He's not what you think he is.'

It's true that I'm not worried about myself. What I'm most worried about is for this rage of mine to fade before I could kill Aviel. I'm afraid that if I succumb to fate, I'll forget where I came from. That's why I need to leave, no matter what. After all, a heart filled with vengeance has no room for love.

**********************

I woke up to the comfort of my bed and the smell of my home in Italy. The place where I was born and raised, is the Alba Rossa pack or also known as the Red Dawn pack. I got up from bed and went to the mirror. I looked at my reflection and I was met with a pair of bright blue eyes, the ones I inherited from my mother.

A knock was heard on my door and I went to open it. It revealed all of my family with a smile on their faces. I ran to them and hugged each one of them. How I missed my family.

"Mama! Papa! Alec! Javier! Royce! I can't believe you're all okay." I said happily and relieved. They just smiled at me then suddenly, they burst out into flames and so as my surroundings. I ran away from them cause I cannot bear to see them in that state.

I ran and ran until I'm inside a forest. I was lost and then I heard it. A burst of eerie laughter and a voice full of menace. It hurts my ears and my head. I tried to cover my ears but it was like they are inside my head.

"What do you want from me?" I shouted to no one in particular.

"Oh Aurora, my lovely Aurora." the very familiar voice said from my right so I turned to where that voice is and I saw a shadow-like man approaching.

"I' am not Aurora. My name is Amelia and I ask you to leave this instant." I bravely said even though my feet and hands are shaking.

"Oh, but you are. That is the name your mother gave you, is it not?" I remained silent, too afraid to speak to him. "My dear Aurora, you cannot run away from me. No matter how far you go or how many times you escape, I will always find you. The master would be really delighted if I present you to him." I can feel him touch me even though he's not here.

"You will never find me. I will kill you first before I can meet your master." I said, sharing the same seriousness. He laughed sardonically and I cringed at that.

"My dear Aurora, I will come for you and I will kill those who got in my way. I will kill each and every last one of the people you love." I felt like vomiting due to this rage I'm trying so hard to suppress. I looked horrified but I must not show it to him.

The scene has changed. It was all pitch black and I find myself falling into an endless pit full of grieving souls. The souls of my fallen pack. I can't seem to stop myself from falling and I can still hear his voice. When I was about to give up, I saw a faint light from afar.

"Amelia." said an angelic voice from the light. I wanted to go to that light but I can't move.

"Amelia."

"ia...Amelia...Amelia!" I woke up to the voice that calls my name. I was met with a pair of bright green eyes. Cassius was above me looking all worried and panicked. I hugged him as if my life depended on it.

"God Amelia, you were screaming and sweating a lot. I don't know what to do. You frightened me." Cassius said and hugged me tightly like he was afraid to lose me. I didn't say anything, I just cried on his shoulders. "Shh, it's okay love. You just had a nightmare." he said and let go of me. He wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.

"They're coming for me, Cassius. They're going to kill you and everyone in the pack." I whimpered and he brushed my hair soothingly.

"Don't worry, I will protect you with my life. I won't let them harm you or anyone in this pack."

"I shouldn't have come here. I should have gone to Moscow instead. It will only be a matter of time until they find out where I am." I ranted and he growled.

"Don't say that. You're not safe anywhere but here with me so let me protect you, Amelia." he begged. "It was only a nightmare, Amelia." I clutched his shirt and looked into his eyes. They hold lots of emotions that I can't understand. I wanted to run away but just being in his arms made me feel safe.

"Please stay." I begged him.

"I will be here when you sleep until you wake up." he cooed and I nod my head. I lay down on my bed and so is he. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his body until there is no space between us. I leaned on his chest and inhaled his scent. As soon as his scent invaded me, I relaxed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Bonne nuit mon amour." he whispered before darkness took over. (Good night my love)

*****

I woke up feeling groggy due to a lack of sleep. I don't know what time I slept but I remember waking up in between and then going back to sleep. I didn't even know what time it is or if it is nighttime already since it was quite dark in here due to the closed curtains.

I feel extreme laziness all of a sudden but I really need to get up. This isn't my home so I can't do whatever I want. If this was home, my brothers would allow me to laze around and hide from Mom. Then Dad would take my side if Mom will scold me for being lazy.

I took my time reminiscing about my life before chaos happened in the pack. I do this often since it's the only way I could remember my pack and my revenge. After that, I managed to get up from my bed and walked toward the bathroom to wash my face.

I looked at my reflection in the huge mirror and pondered. It seems that I had forgotten something. I don't know if it was a dream or a nightmare, or probably both. After a few minutes, I decided to ignore it. It's probably not that important.

I returned to bed and wanted to sleep again but I saw something move under the blanket. I don't know what it is since it's very dark but it was really huge. it was bigger than an ordinary human.

Maybe it's an assassin? Yeah right. An assassin sent to kill another assassin? Foolish.

I am not just a rogue, I also work as an assassin. I kill the targets my client asked me to. Even if they don't have anything to do with my revenge. But of course, I only kill those who are meant to be killed. And to send an assassin to kill another assassin? That person must be a nutjob.

But since I have no weapon with me, I grab a nearby small lamp and arm myself. I slowly approach the edge of the bed and yanked the blanket away. There it is ladies and gentlemen, the most gorgeous being I have ever seen sprawled in my bed, half-naked and sleeping like an innocent child.

He slowly opened his eyes and stared at me then unto my lamp then unto me. He raised his brow and looked at me as if he wanted some explanation. I, being me, hid the lamp on my back and gave him an awkward smile.

"Errr...Good morning..?"