Chapter 46: Wearing a Mask

Still on the bench with Eric, my phone rang.

I thought it was going to be one of the girls but was surprised to see it wasn't but was also happy to see who was calling.

"Joy, Joy, Joy." I call in a singing voice and she groans and I was sure she rolled her eyes.

"What?" I ask with a laugh and glance at Eric who has a smile on his face.

"Stop singing with my name. You have a horrible voice." she cries on the phone and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What do you mean?" I sing to one of Justin Bieber's song.

"Please. Stop!" she cries loudly and I just laugh again.

"How are you, sha?"

"I'm not fine joor (I'm not fine at all)."

"Why?"

"Exams are frying my brain here." she whines and I laugh.

"Stop being a big baby. As if you won't end up acing it."

She has never got a C. She's smart like that.
And me, I try to avoid an E and F.

"I hope so this time around."

"I know you will. Stop worrying."

"Amen o." she answers and I chuckle.

This year's exam must have really gotten to her.

"Hey, guess who's here?" I glance at Eric who was staring into the distance but looks at me when I mention his name.

"Let me talk to him!" she squeals and I chuckle again.

Eric and Joy bonded like siblings that sometimes I doubt who exactly is Eric's best friend between the both of us.

Did I tell you Eric is an only child?

"Hello, Senior Eric!" she yells, obviously excited to hear from him again.

I could hear whatever she was saying because I put the phone on speaker and was holding the phone out for Eric.

"Hey, girl. I'd really appreciate it if you don't call me Senior Eric anymore. I no longer attend Secondary school." Eric tells her, a smile on his face and I muffle my laugh with my other hand. I didn't want Joy to know I was listening too.

"So because you've entered University, you're now forming big boy for me, abi? (you're behaving like a grownup with me, right?)"

"It's not that." he laughs and I cover my mouth again to muffle my laugh.

"Then it's what?"

"It just sounds weird. I don't want my baby sis looking like a fool in front of everyone."

"If you say so o." she says and he lets out a chuckle.
"Anyways... Ehen, I want to ask you something." she suddenly sounded serious and I furrow my brows, concerned.

"What's that?" he raises a questioning brow at me and I shrug, mouthing I didn't know what she wanted to ask.

"Hope big Sis isn't listening?" she lowers her voice but we could still hear what she said. I shake my head at Eric for him to say no.

He gets me and answers with a 'No. She's not.'

"Good. Ehen, when are you going to start dating my sister?" my brows skyrocketed at that while Eric gives a nervous chuckle.