Chapter 24: Heartbeats, White Grins and punches

The auditorium was as noisy as a market place which is definitely because the lecturer hadn't arrived yet.

I was 20 minutes late for class so I sat at the back. I had seen Eric a few minutes after I entered the class. He was busy at the other end of the building talking to his course mates. They were probably holding a meeting.

He looked as handsome as always in his grey V-neck top and jeans. My heart almost skipped a bit when I saw him and remembered how he stared at me yesterday night.

Was it all in my head or was he really staring at my lips?

"Hey." a voice caught me off guard and I looked up to see Caleb with a nervous smile and a notebook in his hand. I took a minute to analyze his bruised lips and plastered temple before looking away.

"Hi." I simply greeted and he sat beside me.

Apart from the fact that Harry hates him and believes we shouldn't trust him, he gives me this kind of weird feeling. He sort of makes me nervous.

"So, I'm sorry about everything." he started to say.

"Like?" I asked and brought out my phone from my bag to entertain my nervous hands.

"This whole mess. From the notes to Charles and all. Our first meeting wasn't even good. I didn't mean to hit you with that ball and your friends -"

"Wait, you think the first time we met was at the field?" I turned from my phone to him.

"Yeah." he dragged his reply, a confused look on his face.

I laughed. "That's not the first time we met."

"It's not?"

"Yeah. Don't you remember at the library? The girl whispering to the phone noisily?" I tried to remind him and he furrowed his brows trying to remember what I was talking about.

"The girl that kept on talking in the library that you barked angrily at? That pushed her chair back noisily?"

"Oh." he finally remembered while pointing a finger at me.
"You were the one?"

"Yeah."

"That was last week, wasn't it?" he asked.

"I guess."

"Wow." he smiled and my heart skipped a beat.

Get it together, heart.

"You were really annoying back there." he told me and I laughed.

"My FRIEND was annoying. She's the reason for what happened that day."

"Hmm."

"And I think I heard you say something about how dumb girls are?" I reminded him and he threw his head back, laughing.

I just watched him laugh with a smile on my face. He looked so handsome (if you ignore his bruised face) while laughing and I couldn't just stop staring.

Maybe Harry's wrong about him. Maybe he really is a nice person but Harry can't see it because he's too hurt to want to.

"-that's what I said." I snapped out of my fantasy world and met his words at the end.

"If you say so." I said, pretending to not have zoned out of our little conversation.

"But like seriously, I'm really sorry." his voice returned to a serious tone.

"It's not your fault." I told him with a smile.

"Technically... It kinda is." he said and I laughed.
"I'm just too good at Poetry that's why you got into this mess."