Chapter 35: Red Skull: a Righteous Death by a Righteous Kill

A biiiiig thank you to ShanteSOspecial for your votes and comments. Love reading them and I really appreciate you appreciating my effort. 😘

And to you, OgundairoIbrahim, a biiiiiig thank you for reading, voting, commenting and sharing. Forever my captain. 😁💂

***

I knew I couldn't ease Bel's pain so I just gave her a hug, hoping it was at least comforting.

Now I understood why she never talked about her father but her mother. I knew the W questions she needed answers to wasn't because of what was happening with Anda but also with her.

One of the reasons I couldn't console her was because my parents were still together. No matter how strict my dad is, I know he still loves my mom and mom also loves him. I couldn't tell her I knew how she was feeling cos I'd be lying and that would definitely not be helping.

***
Day 12

The girls were now on talking terms but that didn't mean they said much. Mond somehow was affected by the whole thing being reminded of her dead mom whom she never got to see.

I didn't know how I'd cope if my mom died or my parents divorced. Would I still want to smile? Or even live?

Anda travelled back home yesterday morning. She was told by her sister that their presence would be needed during the concluding meeting.

I tried to cheer up the other girls but they either gave me a weak smile or didn't smile at all. But this wasn't the only reason I couldn't sleep.

Yesterday, I got another note from Charles but this time around it held a different meaning. Not the meaning it has had for weeks now.

It read:
Do you really think he can save you?
He's just a boy, just like in Highschool who couldn't even save himself.
On Sunday, I'll make sure I give him a RIGHTEOUS DEATH by a RIGHTEOUS KILL
and then we'd have no one to keep you away from me.

Red Skull
C.

What was a Righteous Death by a Righteous Kill? And what the hell does a Red Skull mean?! Chills ran down my spine each time I read the note.

I wanted to ask the girls but they already had their own problems. Mine might make them have an heart attack.

OK, maybe not a heart attack but it would more than bother them.

I still could not get over the look on Harry's face. I'm talking about the suspicious look that showed he was hiding something from me.

I still haven't talked to Bel about what he told me the other day because it wasn't the right time to bring that up.

I searched the auditorium with my eyes, one more time, for Caleb, Eric or even Harry and a part of me was scared I would find Charles.

Why did he introduce himself as Prince to me the other day? The thought struck me before I received a painful slap on the hand.

"Yay!" I shrieked then turned to meet Oyin's eyes with my angry ones.
"What was that for?!"

"What kind of skin do you have that only feel something minutes later? Do you know how many times I've hit you?" she asked as I rubbed my hands, starting to feel a little pain on my shoulder - evidence that she hit me there too.