Chapter 42: Sparks

This chapter came in later than it should have. Sorry, I fell asleep 😁.

Enjoy!
***
If Pressure equals to the Force applied over Area, that is, P = N/m². Then,

Then,

Then...

Ugggggh... Physics sucks.

I slam my pen on my book loudly only to get glares and warning from the other students in the library. I start to apologise to them with nods when I start to remember how I first met Caleb.

He was pretty mad at me back then. I laugh at the memory before shaking it off, reminding myself that Caleb should no longer be a part of my thoughts or any other guy for that matter.

I close my books since there was no point trying to concentrate. My mind wasn't in the mood to. Carefully, I push the chair back to avoid it from squeaking and another smile rests on my lips when I remember how Caleb had been really mad at me because of the noise I made with my chair.

Again, I shake the thought off.

After signing out of the Library with the book I had borrowed and taking my bag from the big shelf outside, I make my way to the hostel.

Today makes it the fifth day since I last spoke to Eric or Caleb. I keep rejecting their calls, ignoring their texts and avoiding them by all cost. It hasn't been easy but I've been able to pull it off.

I just wanted normal and staying away from them was the only solution I had.

My family was counting on me to make them proud by getting good grades in school and graduating with either First Class or Second Class Upper but if I continued to worry about my love life and boys, I'd only fail them.

As I was a block away from the library, I plugged in my earphones and let Westlife - Difference In Me take me away from reality.

🎵 There's something in the silence
I never used to feel
There's something about knowing
That tells you this is real
When you're close
All I know I don't want to let you go

Hello happiness
Tell me where you've been
I missed the sound of your voice
Missed the touch of your skin
It's no secret I'm Not who I used to be
Anyone can see
You're the difference in me
Oh the difference...🎵

Arrgh... This song's just mocking me.

I immediately stop the music and return my phone and earphone to my bag. I look up to see Gabriel approaching me with a lot of seriousness on his face, telling me he had more than a lot to say and wasn't going to take a no for an answer.

I gave him a smile which he didn't return. He looked professionally attractive in his black chiffon long sleeved shirt, white stars spotted all over it, a white suit pants, black belt and a pair of black Derby shoes.

"We need to talk." his voice sounded compatible with his facial expression.

No hello? How are you? Good afternoon at the very least?

"I figured." I give him a tight lipped smile.
"But if it's about Caleb-"

"I need you to see something." I'm cut off from what I'm saying and dragged away by the hand.

We make our way to the hostel but stop at the field before it. He pushes the net door and we walk in. In the field was a sweaty guy who I recognise to be Caleb in a Blue Jersey and Shorts.

There are two balls arranged by the side of the one he just kicks to the goal post, meeting the the four other balls there.

Where did he get all those balls? Is what I'm thinking of instead.