Chapter 43: Extra! Extra!!

I am so so sorry if I've stolen your innocence with this book, from the curse words to the kissing scene. If you see this book as inappropriate for your age, I advise you do the responsible thing and continue reading. What more can you lose!

Lol. Just kidding. Stop reading if it's getting to inappropriate for you and I'm sorry for just saying this. 😁

Others, enjoy!

***

CALEB'S POV

Wednesday. Another day, which meant another reason to question my existence.

I looked at the wall clock hung above my reading desk in my bedroom.

6:15.

I throw my duvet off my body and shift out of the bed. A quick cleanup in the bathroom and a glass of water was enough to get the day started.

At 6:25, I was done and I threw on my Yokohama Jersey and shorts and bagged all seven balls I had bought on Tuesday before leaving my apartment.

I met Gabriel on the way but didn't say anything. He knows me well enough to know I wasn't going to answer any of his questions or even give a greeting.

I wasn't going to take my car. What was the point of punishing myself if I was going to drive? So I used the same transportation means I've been using since on Wednesday. My legs.

It was almost a 50 minute' walk to school but it took me 40 minutes. Before I got to the gate, I was already drenched in my own sweat but that was the least of my concern.

On getting to the field, I don't know why but I decided to look back and that was when I saw her. The girl that made my heart finally skip a beat in a long while.

She was walking to class as usual, with her earphones plugged in.

I wanted to watch her walk away, her hips swaying to both sides without effort. To watch her take each step like she was born to invent that walk - beautiful without effort - but I looked away.

My punishment. I didn't deserve her.

When I entered the field, I put my bag down and brought out every ball. One by one, I took them to the field and lined them side by side.

I started doing this since my parents got divorced and I haven't since I was 15. This was my own way of punishment. I kicked balls to the net till it was sundown.

I did it out if frustration and anger girded by guilt.

My parents getting a divorce was my fault, so I kicked balls.

Vivian, my first true love left me for another guy because she felt I was more of bad luck than good to her. So, I kicked balls.

My dad hit me like I wasn't even human. So, I kicked balls.

And since then, I haven't done this till now. Till Debby. She's the best thing that has happened to me in years and I just ruined it, as usual.

I didn't make myself a better reason for my parents to fight for me.

I didn't make myself a better reason for Vivian to want to stay with me.

I didn't make myself a better reason and that's why my dad continued to hit me.

I didn't make myself a better reason and that's why Debby suffers.

Eric was right. I was putting Debby's life in danger and this was my punishment.

It was nothing compared to what Debby must be going through but it was the least I could do to punish my self.

I continued to kick balls at the net, bring them back one after the other till a movement caught my attention.

She was running across the field to the goalpost.

My heart skipped a beat and I was more than surprised to see her. I was happy but at the same time, I felt it was wrong. I was trouble to her but her innocent smile didn't say the same.

I looked out the net that enclosed the field to see Gabriel walking away.

That dude's a better part of me.

When she yelled at me to play, it took me a while to register what she meant till she planted her feet into the ground.

She yelled again and a part of me was scared I'd hurt her if I did. It has happened before.

She yelled again, making a dare that got me laughing mentally so I decided to give her what she wanted.

Or not.

I threw my leg back to kick the ball and immediately she turned around with an ear piercing shriek.

Nothing is as cute as what she just did and I let out a loud laugh that I couldn't hold back.

I noticed she turned back and gave a beautiful smile that sent me out of earth and back.

As she neared me, my heart disobeyed.

I've missed her so much. The way she walks. The way she talks. Her laugh. Her smile. Her eyes. Her nose. Her lips. Her pink, kissable full lips.

"I've missed you." I heard myself say and I instantly felt stupid because of the look she gave me. She tilted her head with a smug look on her face which made my heart skip another beat.

I've been playing football but that didn't mean it wasn't skipping beats for her.

When I put her hand on my chest to feel my heart beat, her face was unreadable. Her emotions undecipherable. That's how girls are but I've figured them out already. Well, I thought I did till I met her.

She didn't believe me when I said I missed her or my heart beat and I couldn't think of a better way to show it till the idea of kissing her popped up.

I've always wanted to do that for a while, even at my place but I overcame the urge and turned the tables on her. For a moment there, she was vulnerable but unpredictable. Most girls would have taken the opportunity of our closeness and kissed me but she didn't.

She somehow had control over her emotions than the girls I've dated, even Vivian and that was what made her unpredictable. What made me want to understand her and get closer.

And now, my urge to kiss her overcame my urge to control myself so I finally gave in but for a moment she didn't kiss me back.

I felt stupid and wanted to stop till she started to respond, her hand around my neck.

It was like she ignited something in me that had been put off a long time ago. A part of me that I didn't think was still there. A part of me I had put a lock on for years till now.

***

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
I know. I know. I know.
I said I wasn't going to write any guy's pov again but I just felt I needed to get this out.

So what do you think?

And please, I need reasons as to why Caleb is the least liked here. 😂

Don't forget to Vote« Comment« Share«