Chapter 30: Christina Perri~Human

The title of this chapter is the song that played in my ear while I wrote it. Love it 😍 although it's heartbreaking😩. Hit play if you have the song and follow Debby through another chapter.

***

Ever been hurt so bad, you become deaf to everything going on around you?

Ever been so hurt, the tears keep pouring out without your permission?

Ever been so hurt, words can't describe how you feel?

Well, I have. I have been hurt so much that my tears wouldn't stop streaming down my cheeks.

I've been hurt so much that words fail to describe how I feel.

Every second felt like forever. The scene that had just taken place replayed in my head, over and over again. The words echoed throughout my head, causing each tear to roll out of my eyes.

"I don't get why I'm here." Gabriel's voice snapped me back to reality. To a reality I prayed Evey second never existed.

Gabriel was the one driving while Gabriela and I sat apart at the back seat. I kept my eyes out the window but I could feel Gabriela staring at me every now and then.

"You should have left me to teach that idiot a lesson." his voice filled the air again.

"Exactly why you're here." Gabriela replied.
"We both know what you can do to Tope if you were there and it won't be pretty. Caleb needs to fix this on his own." she said the last part, her eyes on me.

"Debby." her voice called softly.

"Hmm." I answered, my eyes still at the window.

"Are you OK?"

Few minutes ago, I was called a thief and a slut just because I slept on someone's bed. I've never been better. In fact, best day of my life!

"The poor girl had been harassed publicly and the one question you decided to ask was if she's OK?" Gabriel scoffed, voicing my thoughts in his own way.

"I wasn't asking you." Gabriela retorted.
"Debby,"

"I'm fine." the words chocked me as they left my mouth. I sniffed and wiped my cheeks clean but that wasn't going to stop the tears from coming.

My phone vibrated in my bag and I took it out to check who it was. On top of the screen, it showed Caleb and I swiped to reject the call before shoving the phone back into my bag.

Gabriela's eyes were on me, filled with concern, I could tell but I ignored it and kept my eyes on the window.

Soon, we were at the gate. The gateman (who I blame for everything and already detested) opened the gate and Gabriel drove in.

"Stop here. I'll walk back to the hostel." I announced and took out my handkerchief to clean my face and nose.

"We don't mind taking you to the hostel." Gabriela said but I already made up my mind.

"I prefer to walk. I'll be fine." I told her, hoping it didn't come out rudely.

She got the message and nodded. Gabriel stopped the car and I alighted from it with a quick thank you before making my way to the hostel.

I walked slowly, my head bent as thoughts ran through my mind endlessly. My phone continued to vibrate in my bag but I ignored it.

I started to remember the face of the lady that had just insulted me and it clicked. She was the same person I saw having a heated argument with Caleb when I was done with my practical.