Chapter 27: Why do I Care?

Hello everyone. Guess what? We made it to #43 in Nigeria stories and #138 in mystery-thriller. Thanks to you guys again.

So I'm Dedicating this one to anyone and everyone reading and voting. To y'all!😘

***

It was almost 3 so I had to get going to class. Caleb offered to accompany me for protection and all that. I liked his company so I agreed.

We walked side by side, talking about relevant and irrelevant issues while laughing hard. While we talked, a part of me compared him to Eric. They're both handsome and I couldn't decide who was much more good-looking. I started to wonder if he had a girlfriend just like Eric.

Why do I care?

My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice calling my name. I looked from Caleb to see Oyin walking towards us.

Oyin is my course mate and a new friend I had made a week ago in class. She has a round face, a bit chubby and my height. She's a bookworm but also an amazing company.

"Hey." I greeted her when she got closer and we hugged.

"You're just coming?" she asked when we pulled from our hug and I nodded. We were already at the building where we had our practicals. It was a two-storey building painted in whine and cream like every other building.

"Oh. Sorry." I remembered I had company.
"Oyin, this is Caleb. Caleb meet Oyin, my course mate." I introduced and they shook hands, holding pleasant smiles on their faces.

"Your boyfriend?" she smiled at me then to him as her hand left his.

"No." I blurted out almost immediately and Caleb chuckled, so did Oyin.

"Liar. You just don't want me to meet your boyfriend." she told me then smiled at Caleb again.

Did I forget to mention she can be crazy at times?

"It's nice to meet you once again, Deborah's boyfriend." she shook his hand again.

"My pleasure." he smiled back at her and I stared at them, mouth opened.

"See you around." Oyin smirked then blinked continuously at me.
"If you like stay here and be playing Romeo and Juliet. Don't come for practical, you hear?" she chipped in and left.

I just stood where I was, staring at her, confused as she walked away. I heard Caleb start to laugh and I turned to him.

"What's funny?" I shot him a questioning glare, my arms folded.

"Nothing." he shook his head and clasped a hand over his mouth.

"It looks like you want to put me in trouble, abi (right)?"

"How?" he removed his hand from his mouth.

"Why didn't you deny it?"

"Am I not handsome enough to be your boyfriend?" he smirked.

Trust me, you are more than handsome.

"You really have an enormous ego." I told him instead and started walking away.

"I'll be out here waiting for you!" he yelled after me and I didn't look back to acknowledge him, instead I smiled at myself then wiped it off immediately as I took out my lab coat from my bag and put it on.

No matter how much I want it to be, Caleb can never be mine. Surely, a good-looking guy like him should have a girlfriend and I'm sure I'm no match for her.