Chapter 45: The Talk

#11 in Crazy love story. Weeeee!
Thanks y'all!

And guess what? Crazy About Boys has its trailer. Yep. You heard me right! Squuuueal! So happy!

Click on the link below and watch it. Tell me what you think.😁
https://youtu.be/O9lnjVNruNk
Or watch it above.
Credit goes to Haadiiiyah. Thanks a lot girlie! I really appreciate it! 😘

This chapter is dedicated to you!
***

I got to the room to find the girls weren't back yet. I call their numbers one after the other and get sent to voicemail by Mond's, Bel isn't picking up and Anda's phone is switched off.

A little disappointed, I slump on my bed and throw my arms wide while staring at the under of Anda's bed. For the first time I notice it has a stylish hand carving .

T. K was here. It read.

Whoever had been sleeping in this room before must have left this as their own mark. A representation of them even in their absence.

I start to wonder what the full name of this person is and if she's still around. She might still be a student who just moved to another room in the hostel or probably a graduate already.

Did she get to live a normal life unlike me?

My thinking is interrupted by my phone's ringtone.

I take it out of my bag and stare at the Caller's ID for a while, contemplating if to answer or not.

Still ringing, I finally decide to answer.

***
I lock the door before leaving the room. The girls had their keys too so they wouldn't need mine to enter.

I reach the gate to find him standing outside waiting for me like he said he was.

He stood outside the gate, his hands pocketed in his faded Jean he wore with a grey turtle-neck sweater and a black double strap sandal.

Giving his face a quick look, I noticed he was a little tired and down.

I let out a sigh then step out of the gate to meet him.

"Hey." he greets, his voice a bit hoarse.

"Hey." I greeted back and for a moment, he stared into space, not uttering a word.

The silence bugged me and when I decided to talk, he beat me to it.
"You've been avoiding me. You don't pick my calls or reply and of my texts."

"Your girlfriend believes something's going on between us and went as far as posting those nonsense about me." I answered, the memories of what I had seen stinging me, causing my heart to ache in pain.

He wants to reply to that immediately but closes his mouth and lets out a heavy sigh, his eyes closed. He opens them then says:
"I'm really sorry about Mariam. I never knew she could do something like that."

"No one did, besides, you're not responsible for her actions." I say but immediately feel bad after saying it. I knew it wasn't his fault but wanted to blame him for it and that wasn't fair.

"Look, I'm sorry about how I reacted. I shouldn't have lashed out at you like that or even ignored you. Mariam was just a bitch that couldn't be leashed." I apologise immediately but he counters my apology.

"You shouldn't be apologising. It's not your fault. You were angry and I understand. And you're right about the leash thing." he says and we share a chuckle before going silent.