There was a silence on the other end. Ananya thought,though they had been replying to all attacks on them for some time now but somewhere she was aware that one day something big would approach them. Ananya felt Dipika was worried about the same. She couldn't understand that the mother in Dipika was sensing something wrong. They both couldn't imagine about the surprise their beloved Vikram was getting them.

History was about to repeat it self, years back Dipika and Veer married without the consent of their families and now Vikram was about to chose the same path. The only difference was that coming of Sona meant the beginning of war.

***

Rolli stood staring out of the window as a deep frown marred her forehead. It had been an year and half since she and Dev had broken up. She still couldn't understand the reason of sudden end of her beautiful relationship. She had dreamt of a life with him, she wanted grow old with him and watch their grand-kids play around their adobe. But any of it would never come true as he crushed her dreams in one go.

Rolli had refused to shift back with Vikram as she wanted freedom to pursue her relationship. It was like living a dream, she felt like a queen who had been blessed with all the happiness of the universe. Little did she know, that it was all a dream and soon will shatter like a glass.

Rolli could never figure out the reason for the same. They were going strong and all in love one day and next day he said it was over. For months she begged him to let her know the reason but he just turned his face away. He even started dating another girl right  a day after their break up and that slashed Rolli's heart.

''Dev just tell me the reason and I will be gone.'' She had pleaded , finally getting hold of him after following him restlessly for days.

''Because I don't want to be with you.'' He replied carelessly

'Did I do something to offend you this bad?'' She asked, her voice choking. When she received no response, she cupped his cheek turning his face to her, ''Dev, you can't hurt me. I know there is something more. I stayed back a year extra just to be with you. You promised we will see each other's family. Then what went wrong?''

He shut his eyes tight, jerked of her hand harshly and stepped back, ''I don't want marriage. All those words were to have some fun with you. Since I am done, you bore me. Hence, the break up. I guess my reasoning is satisfying enough.'' His words were taunting

''No they aren't. You are lying, and I can see that in your eyes.''

''You are reading what you want to, and that's the biggest annoying fact about you. Why can't you just leave and mind your own business and let me have my life.'' His voice was full of disgust.

''Dev, I have loved you with mind body and soul. Don't do this.''

He laughed, ''About mind, I used it better and you believed all my lies. Soul, I don't know what it is as I never had one and about body.'' He took slow leering look of her beautiful form, ''You were fun , but not great enough to be tied do. I am done, and hope you will leave me alone here on.''

Her eyes blazed as she took a step to him, ''Listen to me you stupid man. You don't know what you messed with. If ever you cross my path again, make sure you have your guards on, because next time there would no words. It would just be my gun and your heart.''

For a moment Dev blinked, gone was the one with baby smile. Opposite to him stood the girl who had the power to destroy anything that stood in her path. Rolli turned and walked off without giving him another glance.

''We are ready to leave Hukum.'' Rolli came back to present with the voice of her guard and friend Agni. She too belonged to the same tribe as Sitara and was equally fierce.

''Just put a message to Vicky that I am leaving for home.''

''Already done!'' Agni replied her eyes fixed on Rolli. The Princess nodded walking away. Agni pulled out her phone and stared at Dev's picture, the one she had clicked secretly and decided to give the man a lesson, but before that she needed everything on him.

Rolli had been too secretive and smart to hide things but as her guard Agni took it to be her duty to eliminate the danger before it rises.

***

Dev sat alone in darkness recalling his last meeting with his beloved Rolli. She looked pained and broken when he decided to part from her. Her never wanted to. They had been going strong and he had made up his mind to let his mother know, it was then that reality struck hard.

Netra reprimanded her son for intentionally extending his stay in UK forgetting his motive. Her wailing and tears did their job and Dev knew it was time to pack-up. His heart constricted at the thought of going away from Rolli but he couldn't think of putting her life at stake. His enemies weren't some ordinary people. They were one of the strongest and dangerous Royals in the country. They were responsible for bringing down his clan and Dev knew that the upcoming clash might mean his end too.

Dev didn't wanted Rolli gloomy or crying over the loss, hence he decided to break her heart, he wanted to give her life a second chance with someone better than him. He wanted her to have a happy ending even if it wasn't with him.

He swallowed the dryness recalling their last meeting. He had stood watching her till she disappeared. The wall of tears that he held for so long broke as he fumbled and crashed on the earth. Dev sat there for long till someone asked about his well being.

His thoughts broke hearing the humming of his sister, ''you look happy!''

''I am Anna.'' Sona chirped and next moment her heart clenched in guilt. She couldn't share that she was planning to marry the man of her dreams. 

Dev smiled, walking to her he cupped her face and pecked her forehead, ''I will be leaving for home and hereon, you are on your own. Don't do anything which would break my or dad's heart.''

Sona gulped, ''Are you not coming back.''

''No, its time I move to reason of living.''

Sona had a brief idea about his revenge. She wanted to persuade him against it, fearing about losing him. Sona held his hands, ''Is this revenge so important?''

he read the fear and smiled. She was an anchor he had been living on. Pulling her in a hug he replied, ''Its not about revenge, its about standing up for what belongs to me. Its about fighting for the injustice that happened to my family.''

''Will you be safe?'' She asked worried

''I will try my level best but if something goes wrong, please take care of my mother. I know she has been at her worse with you but she still my mother.'' he made a request

Sona shook her head, ''There should be another way to keep the danger off you.''

''I said I will try keeping myself safe for you.'' He tried to convince her again.

''Who are these people?'' She asked silencing Dev. he had never disclosed anything to anyone. Even his step father just knew of his family roots and decided to shelter them when he learned of danger. His adoptive family wasn't aware about his revenge motives. He contemplated about disclosing it to Sona, he trusted her and decided to share his heart, ''The Royals  of Jaigarh.''

Sona blinked, she had heard of them but wasn't aware that Vikram too was one of them and soon she was going to step between the Royals of Jaigarh. 

Deb briefed her on his lineage and his perfect family, a picture painted by his mother. he also expressed his bitterness towards his aunt who was married to Raghuveer Rathore. Sona couldn't hold her tears hearing the painful past of her beloved brother, she had already started hating the Rathores and cursed them hell for their deeds. Dev hugged her lovingly, oblivious that his sister had her plans of her own. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ignore the mistakes and don't forget to vote.