Code Pink. (One-Shot)

((This was a request from a reader on Wattpad. Thank you, @eccyuk for the idea!!!!))

((I'm back in Reagan's POV for this chapter, specifically. Also I'm sorry, towards the end I always get.....sentimentally gushy whenever it comes to Reagan and Annabeth...))

It isn't everyday that you're invited to the Aphrodite cabin. She had been informed by a tall boy that his half-sister, Silena, wanted to speak to me in her cabin. About what? I'm not entirely sure.

After a sparring session with Percy, I hit the showers to freshen up then approach the Aphrodite cabin, dark hair still damp with water. As soon as I step into the cabin, I'm hit with a wall of perfume and cologne, the scent strong enough to make me hold my breath for a second before exhaling a haggard cough. But it's not just a single area that smells this strongly; the odor permeates like an even blanket throughout the room. As I become accustomed to the smell, I finally notice what's wrong: Silena is not here. I frown in confusion, and when I turn to leave Rose is standing in the doorway. The young daughter of Aphrodite smiles broadly at me, but the glint in her eyes is downright creepy.

I smile. "Hey, Rose!" I move closer under the idea that she'd step aside, but she doesn't budge. "I, uh, was looking for Silena but she's not here so maybe I'll come-"

"She's here, guys!" She shouts suddenly. "It's a Code Pink, come get her!"

Before I even realize what's happening, I'm being swarmed by the children of Aphrodite. Some come rushing in through the front door as Rose let's them through, others are crashing in through doors that I hadn't noticed before. Walk in closets? I'm trying to struggle against them, but I'm outnumbered and soon enough bound in a wooden chair.

"Where did you guys learn to tie knots like this?" I ask in bewilderment as I attempt to yank my hands free.

I watch as a few go to the nearby dressers and begin procuring various sized brushes and makeup palettes. A few approach me, brushes in hand, and I frown.

"Don't you dare." I hiss in warning.

The siblings look at each other, mirthful laughter bubbling in their throats, then they get to work on me.

Throughout the entire process I'm practically kicking and screaming in protest, but to my dismay they don't stop.

"Are you telling me there are fake eyelashes people put on?!" I'm asking at one point, earning another set of laughter from my captors as I wriggle against my binds once more.

Rose is giggling uncontrollably at me, hands over her mouth to try and calm back down. All of her siblings within the cabin are laughing, though not at the way I look, but at my reaction to what they've done to me. I'm scooted in front of a sparkly clean mirror that hangs in a corner of the cabin. It's a fool length mirror, and as I'm settled in front of it, it's finally revealed what they've done to my face: The eye shadow catches my attention first, a glittery rose gold that isn't too bright but makes my green eyes practically pop. My eyelashes are longer and elegant, and I'm mesmerized by the way they seem to flutter like a butterfly's wing with each movement of my eyelid.

"My gods." A girl gushes, a bright smile splayed across her face as she looks at me with wide eyes. "You look just like this actress I saw on a Cosmopolitan cover once!"

The compliment makes me blush darkly, unsure of what to say next. "Thanks. Can you please untie me now?" I ask awkwardly.

She giggles once more and nods, and they make quick work of the knots and I'm set free at last. Even though it's only been maybe a half hour, I feel like I've been sitting in that chair for hours. But now that I'm free to leave, it's hard to look away from my reflection that doesn't entirely look like myself. Not bad, but just different.

"What's all the ruckus?" Silena's voice carries throughout the cabin suddenly, but when she finally notices me, I feel like her eyes are drilling into my very soul. "Reagan?!"

My mouth opens to say something, but I'm at a loss for words. "This wasn't my idea," I say as my brain slowly cranks back to basic functionality. "I was told you wanted to see me and...."

"Oh gods." Annabeth gasps as she comes into the cabin to see what was happening, hands over her mouth as soon as she lays eyes on me.

Then she laughs.

I feel the color drain from my face, then the blood rushes back as I blush from embarrassment. By the time she notices my discomfort and goes to say something, I'm already rushing out the door to escape.

"Reagan, wait!"

But her shouts fall on deaf ears, and I'm dashing through camp until my lungs burn and I find myself at the bonfire area, the pit empty and cold and the benches that surround the fire pit empty. Heaving softly, I sit on one of the benches in the front row and rub my face tiredly. I feel tears prick the corners of my eyes as I think of Annabeth's laughter when she saw me. I must look ridiculous. I'm about to get up to go shower again, or at least to remove the makeup from my face.

"If you keep rubbing your face like that, you'll ruin your makeover that they all worked so hard to do." Annabeth chastises as she comes to sit by my side.

I scowl and look at the ground. "Come to laugh at me more?"

"I'm sorry," the girl apologizes, running a hand over my back soothingly, "I wasn't laughing at you. I was just surprised."

"Surprised?"

"Well, duh!" She laughs, and this time I like the noise that fills my ears. "I've never seen you in makeup before, and you look really good."

"Really?" I ask in surprise and look over at her, only to notice she's blushing softly.

"Really." She repeats with a slight smile, and I return the smile before quickly averting my gaze out of embarrassment.

Annabeth laughs quietly and reaches over to squeeze my hand affectionately, and before I can react she leans towards me and kisses me on the cheek gently.

"Did you know that girls actually put on fake eyelashes?" I ask eventually, still astonished at this new information.

The girl laughs at my statement and shakes her head while standing up. "Don't ever change, Reagan Romero."

Her words make me pause, and it takes several long seconds for the words to mull over and settle in my brain. The undertone of her voice is somber, as though I'm going to disappear in a blink of an eye and forget all about her and become someone else entirely.

"I'll never change."

I catch her hand as we walk back towards the cabins.

"You're going to take it off, huh." Annabeth guesses matter-of-factly. and looks over in my direction.

"Oh, most definitely."