Here And Now.

((Hey yall I was trying some back and forth narration idk how i did and id love some feedback on if it was good/effective or not!!))

Annabeth's hand was damp and clammy, their fingers sliding against each other as she pulled Reagan along a carved out tunnel.

"We have to go back for Percy!" Reagan insisted, pulling against Annabeth's hand as she glanced over her shoulder to where they had left Percy outmatched against Telekhines; mythical creatures with a body of a sea lion, the face of a Doberman, and stubby hands that would belong to a toddler.

Annabeth simply shook her head without looking back.

A slight breeze tickled their sweaty faces, and Annabeth only paused for a millisecond before making her decision and taking a left. Reagan still wanted to turn back to help her friend. The tunnel ended abruptly, her body crashing into Annabeth as she suddenly stopped. They were outside now, the tunnel leading to some exit out the side of the mountain. The path would lead them along the side of the mountain on a high ledge overlooking a river far below. The ledge was wide enough for them to cross over without fear of falling into the water. The sunlight was sudden and harsh, a deep contrast from within the volcano and the Labyrinth. They were both staring down at the water, hands clasped together tightly, before it was Annabeth again that pulled them back into a jogging pace along the edge towards the opening back into the mountain. They were going down slightly, and Annabeth hoped it was leading towards an exit soon enough. Halfway across, a giant explosion tore through the mountain, rocks crumbling and falling below...

"Reagan."

Her vision was blurred, a silhouetted figure hovered in her line of sight, but she- for the voice was light and soft, like a gentle caress- was indistinguishable. Reagan only smiled lazily, eyes at half mast.

"Annabeth..."

"Reagan?"

Nimble fingers grabbed her forearm, slowly pulling her into a state of alertness, shaking her awake. She blinked the sleep from her eyes slowly, feeling oddly relaxed and soothed at the moment. Weren't she and Annabeth about to plummet to their deaths?

"Annabeth, I'm so happy that you're okay," Reagan slurred, her own hand reaching over to grasp the firm hand on her arm tightly.

"Reagan... I'm sorry, but Annabeth isn't here."

That statement made her eyes fly open wildly, sitting up almost immediately until pain flourished in her side, hot and blinding. Sucking in sharply, Reagan laid back down on her back and forced her eyes to open despite the pain still pulsating. She wound that Kampê had inflicted was healed physically except for the poison, so why was the pain so sudden and harsh? Her heart sank deep within her chest as the reality of the situation popped back into her thoughts instantaneously. How could she let herself believe that there was a chance for her to survive?

"Reagan?" the voice questioned softly again, oh so patient with the Demigod laying before her.

That's when Reagan finally noticed her savior. And the sight took her breath away. Her almond colored dark hair was braided over one shoulder, and Reagan followed the meticulous braid's path down, noting the sleeveless Greek chiton with gold lining along the neckline. She swallowed thickly. It felt like her tongue was too big in her mouth anymore, because it was difficult to move it to formulate a coherent word.

She was beautiful, her age hard to discern.

"You..." Reagan began awkwardly, face screwing up into a worried frown as she propped herself up on her elbows. "You aren't Annabeth."