This Is a Normal Day When You're a Demigod.

From either the mystical magic that I was accustomed to in my everyday life or maybe it was Percy himself, we made it to familiar terrain within a few hours. Our raft hit the sandy beach near Camp Half-Blood, my eyes fluttering open as I awoke from my nap and scanned the long beach stretched out in both directions.

We were home.

I thought that any time now, campers would swarm the beach and we'd get some big welcome party. But that never happened.

"Let's see where everyone is," Percy suggested, and I nod and follow as we walk up the small hill to where sand met grass.

In fact, the entire camp seemed eerily silent. Fear began to grip my chest, because usually the camp was never this empty. No demigods were doing any of the camp activities. The archery area, sparring arena, and the dining pavilion was empty.

"Percy," I begin in a soft voice, wavering towards the end. "Where do you think everyone is?"

It's hard to hide the fear building in my voice. After days of being stranded, with growing anticipation at the idea of returning home, I had not considered the possibility of Luke getting to camp with his army. Were we too late?

Percy looks equally uneasy, until the scent of burning cloth drifts into our noses. At first it's faint, and I think that maybe I just imagined it.

"Did you smell that?" I ask.

He nods, and I let out an inaudible sigh of relief. "Where did it come from?"

I shrug, but my feet carry me in a direction nonetheless, and Percy is close behind me.

"The theatre, maybe?" It's a guess, but it's a close location. Or maybe the cabins were on fire?! That sends chills down my spine.

But my fears vanish when we get closer to the scent of burning cloth. It's stronger now, and I absently clear my throat, almost choking as I hear Annabeth's voice. But it's not her voice that catches me off guard, but her words:

"They were the bravest people I knew." Her voice cracks in the middle, and we can hear her sniffle and try to keep her composure. "Reagan had become a close friend, and I-"

My heart leaps tenfold when Annabeth mentions my name, and I unconsciously take a step forward to peer at what was happening. I can easily tell it's a funeral. Up on the stage, there are two burial shrouds burning. Percy's was made of long sea green silk, tridents embroidered in the fabric. Mine was made of red silk, two swords crossed in the middle with black embroidery. All the campers are in attendance, along with Chiron and to our surprise, so is Mr. D. Though he looks unimpressed and utterly bored. Annabeth's eyes are puffy and red from crying, and right now on the stage she looked like she was trying her best to keep it together. Chiron in centaur form towered at her side, a hand on her shoulder to reassure her. But then for some reason she stops, and Annabeth's face turns scarlet red with embarrassment.

"And they're right there!" she shouts accusingly, and all heads lift and turn in our direction as she points over at us.

We are swarmed immediately by all our friends who are eager to greet us. Percy was kind and friendly, and so there was no surprise when everyone excitedly went over to him, shaking his hand, hugging him, and patting him on the back affectionately. The only ones not excited to see him alive and well was the Ares cabin, and Clarisse shook her head irritably at the sight of him. But as her eyes swept over me, her and my siblings walked into the crowd, pushing other campers aside to get to me.

"Clarisse," I acknowledge awkwardly, nodding a little in greeting.

She doesn't smile completely, but there's a small upturn of her lips and she reachs towards me, clasping my shoulder tightly and squeezes even harder. It was like a silent sign, because in a second the rest of my brothers and sisters crowded me happily, punching me consistently until I was sure that there would be bruises. Despite the harsh welcoming ceremony, I'm laughing fully for the first time in what felt like ages and punching back whenever I have an opportunity. There's a featherlight tap on my shoulder and I whirl around, my green eyes landing on Rose, and they light up excitedly.