Labyrinth Mayhem.

The group of quest-goers gathered near Zeus' Fist the next morning, early enough that the morning fog that clung to the ground had burned off, allowing rays of light to filter through the high branches of the trees. Reagan stood there, large bag heaved over one shoulder, eyelids heavy with sleep still. At times she'd sway, like a gentle breeze could just push her over. Whenever that almost happened, she'd jar herself awake before her eyelids would start to slowly drop again and the process would repeat again. Annabeth would purse her lips and shake her head, then as Percy and Tyson  could be seen coming up the path, she looked away and in their direction instead. However, Percy looked equally as tired as Reagan.

"You look terrible," Annabeth commented as soon as the half-brothers were close enough.

"Percy killed the water fountain," Tyson said with a small pout.

"What?"

Percy shook his head dismissively. "It's nothing."

Before she could press any further, Chiron trotted over. "Well, you all seem ready!" he said, trying to be as enthusiastic as possible.

     This didn't feel the same as Reagan remembered. Not like when she was thirteen, and Chiron said goodbye to them as they left to uncover what had happened to Zeus' master bolt. All around were barricades and traps, set to harm and stop any force that decided to walk out of that exit from the Labyrinth. It was ominous and foreboding.

"I'll meet you guys at the entrance," Percy said abruptly, and Reagan tore her eyes away from the spikes poking at the entrance to look at him quizzically. "Chiron, can I talk to you?" he asked, motioning to a thicket of trees a distance away from them.

     As Chiron and Percy walked their way, the others walked towards Zeus' Fist. Grover walked over, dressed as a Human. Juniper was on the verge of tears, but was holding it together for his sake. He sniffed, glancing at the Labyrinth entrance with a grim expression as they walked in silence. Soon enough, Percy was speedily walking in their direction, his hand resting on his pocket absently before reaching up to hold his backpack straps instead. As Annabeth began to descend into the opening that appeared, Grover let out a whimper.

"Goodbye, sunlight."

"Hello rocks," Tyson agreed, and soon enough they were all climbing into the depths of the Labyrinth.

The tunnel Reagan and Annabeth were in before looked nothing like it did now. The tunnel was round, with charred red bricks lining the walls.

"We need to get into the center of the Labyrinth," Annabeth said as she turned on her small flashlight and shone it on the walls to examine them. "So the older the tunnels, the closer we're getting."

     That proved easier said then done. They began to walk forward, and ten feet later the walls looked newer, cleaner and free of graffiti from taggers. Not as old as just a few minutes ago. It was almost like the Labyrinth could read their minds, because soon enough they came to a junction, where the hall split into to separate ways. Annabeth hesitated before the openings, then pointed to her left and they were on their way again. Eventually, the group found themselves in a large circular room, painted faces of mosaics staring back at them, with a dried out and rusty looking water fountain in the middle of the room. The mosaics depicted the gods in all of their glory, except they were all happy and got along.

Which definitely wasn't right.

"It's like this place is alive," Reagan muttered and trudged to the dry water fountain to gaze into it absently.

"D-Don't say alive. Please," Grover muttered.

Just then, an eerie groan echoed, and they all looked around but saw nothing. It was like the Labyrinth wanted to make that sound intentionally, as if to say, "I am alive!!"