Slowly Now.

"How can you be so stupid, Reagan?"

The voice was, of course, Annabeth's. However, it didn't sound like the usual condescending way. She sounded depressed and beaten down. Too sad for Reagan's taste.

     Her eyes creaked open reluctantly, flames dancing in the braziers along the corridor on either side of them. She felt dizzy, her body feeling like lead. She tried to sit up, mumbling something that came out incoherently, but Annabeth's hands on her shoulders gently pushed her back into the laying down position.

"Annabeth, I-" she managed finally.

"Here's some ambrosia," Annabeth cut off instantly, grey eyes a storm as she held a piece of the godly food to Reagan's lips.

Grover came into view as Reagan opened her mouth, allowing Annabeth to feed her the healing food in silence as she listened to the Satyr. "That won't completely help her," he said softly with a frown. "Fortunately, the cut wasn't deep so there isn't that much poison in your system, but..." he trailed off.

Reagan tried to smile after she finished eating the piece of ambrosia. "But it's too late."

Tyson's shoulders sagged. "This old magic used long ago," he explained. Reagan nodded, and he continued. "Nothing really helps."

"So that means...?" Percy began to ask, but seemed to make the connection and went quiet.

"But it's slow!" Grover piped up quickly. "Maybe we can find something to help you while we do this quest," he suggested eagerly to alleviate the growing dread she was feeling.

     Annabeth was the most quiet. She stared at the wall, the firelight creating dark shadows that stretched across her face, hiding her expression from Reagan. The girl stared at the blonde, thoughtful for a while before smiling weakly at Grover.

"Sounds like a plan, man."

"We can keep feeding you some ambrosia. It can keep the poison at bay," Percy suggested, more then determined to keep his friend well and alive.

     With that, the group continued the quest. Reagan seemed fine. She walked, talked, and tried to keep everything as lighthearted as possible. The Labyrinth groaned as it shifted and grew, and they walked in silence after a few hours. Annabeth still hadn't said a word. Reagan walked in the back, her spear out and the flame large to keep the encroaching darkness away. Annabeth walked in front of her, hand holding up the flashlight in front of her.

"Annabeth."

     Reagan sped up just enough to keep in pace with the blonde, feet falling into a march-like beat. When there was no response, the Italian girl reached over and grasped Annabeth's hand tightly in her own. Annabeth squeezed her hand tightly in return.

"I'm so sorry," she said after a moment. "It's my fault this happened to you."

Reagan's brows knitted together in confusion. "You didn't do this," she retorted calmly. "Kampê did this to me."

When Annabeth looked at her, it was the most dirtiest look ever. However, it melted away almost immediately and she looked away again. "This is my quest. I'm in charge...and I can't even do it," she muttered.

"You're doing great!" the other girl said enthusiastically. "You can't see the future, Annabeth. You can only adapt to what you encounter. And so far, you're doing good." There was a pause before she went on. "At least I think you're doing good."

Annabeth slowly looked up at Reagan, a smile slowly creeping onto her face. Reagan opened her mouth to say something, but Grover spoke up ahead of them.