DAY 12: Snowballs and sADNESS

get ready for good quality jared content from 01000001li !! also mERRY CHRISTMAS!!

---

Connor flopped down into his office chair, propelling backward towards the desk on the opposite side of the room. He spun himself to face the wall and opened up Jared's laptop. He had borrowed it consensually, obviously. The irritable, bespectacled teen had put up a fight but had eventually allowed Connor to use it.

His concentration was soon interrupted by shouts from outside. He peeked through the blinds to see Evan and Jared hurling snow at each other on the front lawn. He chuckled quietly and got up, deciding to join them. Grabbing the bright blue jacket from his bed frame, he clamored down the stairs and out the front door.

"Evan?" The chilly air nipped at his nose as he pulled his hood up. He saw Jared and turned to face him. Suddenly, he felt something hit him in the back with a thud. It was cold. Wet. A snowball.

Connor spun around, his long brown hair falling over his shoulder as did. A stern look crossed his face, a serious and upset expression that scared Evan.

A few feet behind the victim, Jared placed a gloved hand over his mouth in order to stifle a laugh. Evan looked at his feet and kicked at the snow, full of guilt. This sent his boyfriend into a fit of laughter. Connor never laughed, so this seriously alarmed both his friends.

"Oh, now you're gonna get it!" Connor scooped up a pile of snow and hurled it at Evan.

"Connor," Evan whined, shaking the snow from his hair with a laugh as he prepared for retaliation.

Connor felt another hit from behind him and chucked some snow at Jared with a chuckle.

Back and forth, back and forth, the snowballs flew through the air. All three were in a fit of giggles as they playfully fought. Connor aimed another at his boyfriend while hit back was turned, but he hit him a little too high.

"Shit, Con, that went down my back!" Evan squirmed as he tried to get the snow out of his jacket. "That so cold, fuck," he whined, collapsing in the snow.

Connor trudged over to him. "That's what you get."

"Jerk," Evan muttered, closing his eyes. "I'm dying."

"Want to go inside?" Connor put out a hand.

Evan smiled. "Only if you carry me."

"Why, of course," Connor replied, lifting Evan out of the snow. He always enjoyed being over-dramatically romantic with his boyfriend like in the cheesy teen romance novels Zoe used to read. Yes, he did read a few when she wasn't looking. It never occurred to him that his sister noticed but didn't mind. He kissed Evan on the nose as he made his way to the door, leaving Jared alone in the yard.

With one of Connor's hands and one of Evan's, they managed to turn the doorknob and push the door open. Inside, Connor used a foot to kick the door shut behind him. He walked to the couch and promptly dumped his boyfriend onto the couch. Retreating to his bedroom to retrieve their favorite blanket, Connor called downstairs.

"Do you want hot chocolate, babe?"

"Sure," Evan called back. And after covering Evan with the blanket, Connor heated the water and returned with the cocoa. Evan poked his head out from under the fuzzy blue blanket. Or sky blue, as he would insist. Connor simply called it 'the blue blanket', which always got a sour reaction from his boyfriend.

"Come sit by the fire," Connor insisted, sitting down on the hearth in front of the burning fireplace. He leaned back onto the couch and looked up at Evan.

Evan groaned as he slid off of the couch and made his way over to Connor. He cuddled up to his boyfriend and smiled when he felt Connor's arms around him. In no time at all, he was asleep.

—-

"Guys, come look at the dick on this snowman!" Jared burst into the living room with a wild grin on his face. But as soon as he saw the couple, he stopped. The subtle smile on Evan's face made him happy too. Sighing quietly, he left them in peace.

It was only when he was in the driveway that he felt the sadness impend.

Reaching the safety of his car, he finally let the tears he had been hiding run down his face. Jared took his glasses off and made an attempt to toss them into the seat next to him, but they bounced off and fell to the floor. Kicking his sneakers off, he pulled his legs to his chest as he sniffled. He burrowed his face in his knees and let another sob loose.

Jared knew Evan could never be his. He felt selfish and guilty for crying over him.

Evan hates me.

I'm such a dick to him

He has a boyfriend.

Then he remembered. Connor. The name flashed through his mind. What would Connor think if he knew? The idea of Connor finding out made him feel sick. Jared never liked him.

Naturally a jerk to everyone he met, Jared had never had a strong relationship with anyone. Especially Connor. The day they had met in the hallway of their school, Jared had pushed him into a locker and made a joke about his haircut. He couldn't remember what it was that he said, but assumed it was something awful.

Jared reached for his glasses, his hand brushing on the white and blue hoodie spread out on his passenger seat. He hadn't noticed it before. Evan's hoodie. He must have left it in the car when Jared gave him a ride to Connor's this morning.

Evan had basically dragged him over to Connor's house although Jared was doing the driving. The three of them had been hanging around Connor's yard all morning after a foot of snow had magically appeared overnight. The second Evan had asked for a ride, Jared was excited. But he kept his facade up. He had agreed with minimal enthusiasm. They could never know. They'd just hate him more, or so he thought. He pulled his glasses back onto his face and set a foot down on the floor of his PT Cruiser.

He knew he would never have him.

---

wow ending on a sad note cool

go check out 01000001li !!

merry christmas! comment your favorite gift that you got:)