Evan's Audition...with a twist *evil smirk*

Okay, so I had this idea. Its either brilliant or terrible. So the plan right now is that you go to this video: 

and skip to 0:20. Now, open this chapter back up, and in the story when the piano starts, play the audio (from 20 seconds) and listen while you read this. Hopefully this works, and let me know if you like it!

"You'll be great, don't worry," Connor said, supportively putting his hand onto Evan's knee. Evan shook his head rapidly.

"Connor, I can't do this. I can't. I'm not ever a good singer."

Connor took his hand. "Hey. Look at me." Evan met his eyes. "I'm sure you're a fine singer, and even if you don't get a good part, it'll still be fun to have you in the show with me. Now, don't wo-"

He was cut off by the director, who spoke staring intensely at a clipboard. "Next up, Evan Hansen." Evan slowly got up from his auditorium seat, handed his sheet music to the pianist, and apprehensively got up on stage. He looked to Connor who gave him a thumbs up and a smile, then to Jared, who was on his phone and not paying attention, then nodded to the accompanist to begin (play the video now). The piano gently filled the room as Evan took a deep breath, squeezed his eyes shut, and began to sing.

"The night is bitter..."

Connor's jaw dropped.

"The stars have lost their glitter..."

Jared looked up.

"The winds grow colder, and suddenly you're older, and all because of the man that got away..."

Jared turned to look at Connor in shock, and they stared at each other, dumbfounded. They quickly turned their attention back to Evan as not to miss a moment.

"The dreams you dreamed have all gone astray..."

Evan opened his eyes.

"The man that won you has run off and undone you..."

He met Connor's eyes, and they both smiled. Evan felt his confidence soar.

"Don't know what happened. It's all a crazy game..."

Jared, eyes still on Evan, smacked Connor's leg in excitement.

"No more that all time thrill, for you've been through the mill.."

Connor felt a tap, and he turned around to Zoe, grinning wildly. Alana sat next to her, eyes wide.

"Good riddance, goodbye. Every trick of his..."

Evan smiled at his friends, realizing they were enjoying it. He decided to give it his all.

"And where's he gone to? The road gets rougher..."

He earned some cheers from the girls and Connor. Jared put his fingers in his mouth and whistled loudly. Evan beamed.

"Tomorrow he may turn up. There's just no let up the live-long night and day..."

Connor stared in awe as Evan really stared getting into the song, letting the music and emotion take over.

"There is nothing sadder than a one-man woman looking for the man that got away..."

Connor slumped back in his seat.

"The man that got away."

The auditorium erupted with applause.

"Thank you," Evan said, surprised. He came down from the stage and sat back down next to Connor. "How was it?" he asked.

"Evan, it was amazing! Seriously! I had no clue you could sing like that," Connor gushed. Jared tapped Evan's shoulder. "Hey, bro," he said pushing up his glasses. "When you make it big, remember the little people, yeah?" Evan laughed and nodded, a smile on his face, and a new confidence instilled. Maybe doing the school musical wasn't going to be so bad after all.

Let me know in the comments if you liked it (I have an audio in mind if you want me to do Connor's audition)

Also let me know if there are parts where it's hard to follow or the audio doesn't match up. This is the first time ive done this, and I'm trying to find the best way to do it, so lemme know how to make it better:)