Inescapable Hot Box - Chapter 1

Storyline requested by: @Loho1548 Thank you for loving my stories, inspiring my writting, and being awesome!!!

Timeline: This is set as an alternate version of the episode 1x09 'Hot Box.' Starting off right after the garage closes. Trapping some of Seattle P.D., a victim, and Station 19's own inside a garage while the house burns.

~Victoria Hughes~

I turned and starting running to the door when Maya shouted "No, No, No. No. No!" Running to try to grab thegarage door before it slammed shut. The door slammed closed too quickly to be stopped. I angrily hit the door with a open palm and shouted "Damnit!" Before I stormed off to meet Miller, who came out of the foyer looking flustered and confused. He broke off his try to radio Jack as I said "Miller, What the hell? Are you too busy messing up the security code to answer your radio?" He took offence, raising his voice, he said "No one is answering me! I can't reach anyone, I think something is wrong with my radio..." I rolled my eyes and said "Please tell me that you com is set to channel three, as Gibson said to do." He looked at his com channel and then back up at me shocked, I said "What's been going on with you, you looked dead tired this morning and now you mess up the security code?" Miller brushed off my question and said "I'm fine, I'll fix this, I'll radio Jack, get the correct code and open the doors."

I shook my head and said "You can't fix this. The doors are locked, you put the wrong code in locking the system... Everyone inside is trapped unless we find another way to open the doors." I backed up moving to help Montgomery with the saws as Miller said "Can't the security company unlock the doors? Override the system?" I shook my head in reply, and as Dean followed me I said "Gibson just told us that it's an independent system, the home owners fortified the garage." Miller grew stern and picked up a saw attempting to cut through the garage door. I picked up a saw and started next to him, worry and worst case scenarios starting to play in my mind.

~Andy Herrera~ 

"We have been through almost every part of this garage... Searched through everything, tested every part of the walls... Gone through every option we could think of, there's no crawl space, no way to get that door open from in here... and the fire is only getting closer, one of the O2 bottles is depleted-." I stopped thinking out loud to Maya as Gibson stood up. He said "This panel... For the door... Is it possible to hijack the motor, open it to the inside?" The female homeowner said "Yes, but isn't there fire on the other side of the door?" Maya pushed herself to her feet, using the garage for support she said "We're firefighters, we'll get you guys out as safely as possible." The female homeowner stood up and said "I didn't design the motor... But I think I could rewire the panel to reverse the hydraulics of the door."

Gibson got on his firefighter gear quickly as the homeowner began to take apart the panel he said "Tanner, put on all of your gear, zip up your jacket. Once this door is open we will go in teams, Tanner and the victim with me. Then Herrera, Bishop and Officer Reis will go next." I said "Ryan, take my O2 bottle, it'll take Jack a little while to map a safe path out of the fire, you guys will need the extra air and once you guys find a way out radio us." Jack nodded giving his helmet to the homeowner, Audrey. He then said "I'll go first scout and see if there is even a way to get out. Tanner and Audrey, it should take me a few minutes to scout, when I come back that's when you come with me. I'll find you guys a way out with Montgomery's and the other unit's help." I nodded and said "Okay Audrey, try the door, Bishop and I will help it open with the crowbar's." Maya passed me a crowbar and we stood ready the tips placed at the foot of the door. Gibson held the Axe in hand ready to dive through any possible opening.