Chapter 2

We stepped through the large double doors. And almost immediately we could hear the loud blasting music from the speakers above. The three of us just stood there taking in our surroundings. We had been currently standing on what seemed to be a balcony. Below us we could see what looked like a millions of other teenagers jumping up and down and swaying from side to side, to the beat of the music. Strobe lights were everywhere causing me to blink several times before I finally adjusted.

" Isa you comin'?" Michelle asked, standing at the top of the staircase that led to the dance floor. In front of her I can see Amaya already making her way down, her eyes glued to a certain someone... whom I couldn't see.

I nodded slowly reverting my eyes back to Michelle. I walked towards the stairs and began to walk down them with her beside me. And judging by the way Michelle was looking, she was just as nervous as I was. Already looking at the way the room that looked more like a club instead of a ball, both Michelle and I knew it wasn't our scene.

. Apparently someone has taken over on the Mate Ball committee. Because four months ago, the ball was a whole lot different. It actually resembled a formal type setting. But to be honest I'm was not complaining at least at this party I have friends to talk to instead of being the weirdo leaned up against the wall staring creepily at every single boy who passed by, hoping that maybe one was my mate.

***

We'd been there for about an hour and I can say we we're just about having the time of our life. When we first got there, after finishing walking down the stairs, Michelle and I got a good look at whoever Amaya was looking at and it turns it was of course her mate.

" Hey I'm Theo", he told us after properly meeting him. Although we didn't get much communication in considering the fact that Amaya and Theo left pretty soon after that. They said that they were just going out for some milkshakes. But we all know that that's not true. . .

So here we were, Michelle and I, jumping up and down to some song that I can't remember the name of. We danced on the dance floor surrounded by dozens of werewolves. Every single one of us tuning out all of our surroundings and just enjoying the moment.

And even though I'm dancing here with my best friend with a huge smile imprinted on my lips, I can't help but feel a cringe of jealousy overflow me.

"How could Amaya possibly find her mate, at her first ball. So in four months when I'll be stuck at this ball for about third time, she'll be somewhere else probably at home watching a movie cozying up to her mate," I think bitterly to myself.

I close my eyes and shake my head, still jumping up and down to the beat of the music. There was no way I was going to let my own jealousy get in the way of my happiness.

We'll this was until I feel a very hard, barrel chest against my back. My dancing immediately comes to a stop. I feel myself blush... though I don't know why. I slowly turned around cautiously to face an angelic looking Sam. He's skin was flushed, really pale, but he was still glowing. And by the way he was clinching his jaw, one could tell that he was in deep thought. I avert my eyes to his and realize that though he was the exact person who was standing behind me (interrupting my dancing by the way) he wasn't even paying any attention at all to the fact that he was towering over me like this. Instead, his eyes looked past me. I turned to see what he was looking at; and I saw an astonished look on Michelle's face, her facial expression almost mimic exactly what I had just seen on Sam's. And then it clicked

" Mate" I hear the two of them say under their breath so low that I could hardly hear it.

" Nope!" I think to myself shaking my head, taking this as an opportunity to go. I didn't think I could handle seeing this again due to the fact that my jealousy rate has already doubled.

I swiftly made my way through the crowd, to the main entrance/exit. I needed to get out of here, before I found myself crying in front of my friend because she found her mate.

"What kinda friend are you?" I think to myself as I feel my eyes water up.... for what reason? I don't know. I really need to be trying to suck it up and to be strong about it. But I just can't find the will to release that strength.

However, in attempt of doing this, I close my eyes and come to a halt.

"You've got this Isa, You got this, just hang in there," I whisper to myself.

So I open my eyes, continuing to walk towards the door with more confidence this time. I try my best to fight back the tears.

AUTHORS NOTE-

SUPER DUPER SOPRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A WHILE.

Been busy with school, we went back early this year ...#LEH ;)

I hope you enjoyed!!!!

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!