Meaning of Life ➻ CH 17. December 2019

Chapter Seventeen | December 2019

December 2019

Sophie, Countess of Wessex leads the royals arriving for the Queen's Christmas lunch

SOPHIE, COUNTESS OF WESSEX and her daughter Lady Louise Windsor were pictured arriving for the Queen's Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace today along with senior members of the Royal Family.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, 54, and her 16-year-old daughter Lady Louise Windsor were pictured arriving at Buckingham Palace today.

The duo were spotted driving to the Palace for the Queen's annual Christmas lunch, along with Prince Philip, 98, who looked smart in dark suit with a white shirt and blue tie, and senior members of the Royal Family.

Engaged couple Eirene and Leati were also photographed driving to the palace with daughters Adela and Jolene.

Meghan Markle, 38, and Prince Harry, 35, were also photographed driving to the palace this afternoon.

The prince wore a dark suit and tie, while thr Duchess of Sussex chose a high-neck pink number.

Also pictured at Buckingham Palace today was Mike and Zara Tindall, as well as her sister-in-law Autumn Phillips, the wife of Peter Phillips, who is the Queen's eldest grandchild.

The beautiful royal wore a blue round-neck outfit and her blonde hair loose for the traditional Christmas get together.

*

The Duke of Escambia Joined Princess Eirene and the Queen for Christmas Day Mass

The royal family, in keeping with tradition, spent Christmas Day at Sandringham, Queen Elizabeth II's estate north of London — and this year, the clan was joined by soon-to-be husband The Duke of Escambia, who accompanied Princess Eirene with his daughter, Princess Jolene of Escambia to the family's customary holiday church service.

Eirene, clad in a blue coat and a blue fascinator, entered Sandringham's St. Mary Magdalene Church alongside her fiancé, The Duke of Escambia and Princess Jolene and Kate Middleton and Prince William and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

While the royal family makes its traditional public appearance on Dec. 25, holiday celebrations reportedly begin the day before, with gifts and a formal dinner, according toPeople. After the church service, the royals enjoy a turkey lunch and gather to watch the queen's Christmas Day address.

*

Princess Eirene Says Adopted Daughter Was 'A Gift' From Young Mentor: 'This Was The Only Way She Could Repay Me'

Princess Eirene's carefree lifestyle came to an abrupt halt with one phone call from the hospital: She had one hour to decide if she wanted a baby!

Speaking exclusively to RadarOnline.com, Princess Eirene of Wales detailed the life-changing day she INSTANTLY became a mother – and the emotional message she received from Adela's birth mother.

Back in January 2011, a young woman Eirene mentored told the hospital that she wanted Eirene to have her newborn daughter.

When the hospital called, Princess Eirene was shocked and confused.

"The woman on the phone said, 'We have a baby here for you' and I was like, 'What?! I didn't order a baby!'" Eirene told Radar.

After going back and forth about the sudden responsibilities, Eirene admitted: "I just hadn't stopped working long enough or found the right man and gotten married— or even realized the years had gone by so quickly. My family and friends encouraged me to take the leap of faith and become a mummy."

She gushed: "Adopting Adela was one of the best decisions I ever made."

As for Adela's birth mother, Eirene still stays in contact with her.

"In some weird way, I think she had the baby for me as a gift. I believe she felt that I'd done so much for her – and this was all she could do for me," Eirene said getting choked up.

"I recently received a heartfelt message from her. She is not regretful. She was just glad she could give me something for all the years I'd helped her. It made me cry! It was very, very beautiful," she added.

Adela, now three and a half, is no longer a baby, and Eirene faces new challenges and milestones like potty training or swimming lessons as she balances her busy royal schedule.

"I believe God had this plan set out for me – and I am very grateful," she said.

*

The Queen attends Church alongside Princess Eirene, Princess Anne, and The Earl & Countess of Wessex

The Queen attended Church on Sunday morning in Sandringham where she was joined by her two of her children, Princess Anne and Prince Edward and her granddaughter, Princess Eirene.

Her Majesty arrived at St Mary Magdalene Church by car. She was wearing a bright magenta outfit with a matching hat alongside her trusted handbag.

Joining the monarch for the service was Princess Eirene of Wales, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, alongside their daughter, Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.

Also in attendance was the Princess Royal and her husband, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence.

Edward and Sophie's 11-year-old son, Lord Severn, was not present for the service.

Also absent on Sunday was the 97-year-old Duke of Edinburgh who decided to remain in the warmth of Sandringham House.

Prince Philip did not attend the Christmas Day church service either now he is in retirement from public duties.