❆ My Miraculous Christmas (4/5) ❆

I feel terrible for doing this to Tokoyami 😂

_____________________________

After hiding somewhere safe, they talked to you about their plan.

"We don't know if Eraserhead is still here and we don't have time to find him, so we need you to erase his quirk"

"But I can only do that for a minute or so" you said.

"Doesn't matter. Just a few seconds is enough to make the drug effects dissipate" Marinette explained.

"Okay... but we still have a problem. We don't know where the villain is."

"No, but it's easy to find him. If he was able to turn all those people so fast, then he must be somewhere close. So we thought about going where we see lots of butterflies, because-" Marinette said.

"The more butterflies we see, the closer he'll be" you finished her sentence finally getting her point.

"Exactly" she said.

"But the problem is, it's going to be dangerous. There will be more of those people attacking us, and avoiding all those butterflies will be hard, if not impossible. Also, out movility is limited now that you are hurt" Shouto added.

"If only Nino was with us..." Marinette said sadly.

You gripped your clothings hard.

You were being a burden to them.

"I-It's fine. It doesn't really hurt that much" you smiled reassuring him.

"(Y/N), stop with the act" he said harshly, making you flinch. "Why do you always have to be-" he interrupted himself before he said something he would regret, and just sighed.

But you weren't going to let this go for you had had enough. "Why do I always have to be so what? Annoying? Troublesome?" You snapped.

"Guys..." Marinette tried to get your attentions, but she was ignored.

"You know I didn't mean that..."

"No, I don't know Shouto. So tell me!"

"Why are you so angry??" He also raised his voice to the same level as you.

"Well, all I wanted to do was be less of a burden to you but here you are getting angry at me!"

"Uh... guys..." Marinette said again.

"Of course I'm angry! I don't understand why you always keep things to yourself instead of telling me what's wrong!"

"Because I am not confident enough Shouto!!" You yelled, surprising him and even Marinette. "I am jealous of Marinette's quirk and of how everyone likes her; I'm still reminded of the people that bullied me; I don't know if dad blames me or not for my mom's death; and I'm afraid that you'll one day get tired of me and leave me because of this quirk of mine, or worse, that I'll end up hurting you if you stay with me, just like with mom!"

"...Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"Because...!" you yelled again, but then lowered your voice until it was just a whimper from the knot you were feeling in your throat. "How could I when you just recently started accepting your fire side...". Then, you looked at the ground, remembering how he lit up his hand without hesitation a moment ago. "You are always, always doing your best and I can't even move on from this. Sometimes it feels like you are getting further and further away while I'm stuck in the same place, but other times I feel like I'm just holding you down and I... I hate feeling like this..."