18. Cavalry battle

Midnight continued her explanation "Izuku Midoriya, who is first, is worth 10.000 points!"

Ouch, I'm really sorry for you Deku... I saw the people surrounding him turn to predators looking at their victim. "You now have fifteen minutes to form a team! Start!"

Perfect! Judging by how much I've used my quirk I'll have about 3 more minutes of bad luck and then I can start using it again. I wanted to remain still for those minutes in case I ended up injuring myself or something...

Honestly it was so much trouble just to get my face cleaned after getting my face burried on the floor: the tap exploded on my face and I almost choked, the water spilt everywhere and I slipped, drenching my whole uniform, the towel was stinky... So staying still was the safest thing to do.

While I was spacing out the boy from the other day who had lilac hair approached me. "Hey, I'm Hitoshi Shinso. I see that you are not bothering to search for people, so would you like to become a part of my team?" Strange, the other day he was critizicing us and now he wanted me to be a part of his team? Something told me that this guy was bad news. I'll have to decline him. "Sor-"

"(Y/N)" I was interrupted by someone. I heard Shinso clicking his tongue and he left. What the hell. "Be a part of my team please." I was asked by Shouto. "Sure!" How could I say no to him? He bagan walking and I tagged along. "What did he say to you?" "Shinsou? Um well he wanted me to be on his team but I was about to decline him" "Oh" I don't know why but he seemed somehow relived. I ignored it and I asked him something for the sake of having a conversation.

"Shouto, may I ask why did you choose me?" I said curiously "Because  I know that you are determined to win this and be a top hero." I smiled, he remembered the reason I wanted to be a hero.

We soon met up with Iida and Yaoyorozu. "I chose you because I believe this is the most stable formation. (Y/N), you'll be at the left preventing the enemy from getting close with your quirk. Yaoyorozu, you'll be at the right defending and helping us with our movility. Iida will be at the front supporting both the defense and movility." 

"And you will attack swapping between your ice and fire, right?" Oh no, Iida, you can't ask him that! "No.. When battling, I'll never use my left side." I saw the grip on his fists getting tighter whilst he glared at the audience, presumably looking at his father... "Shouto..." I said worried, but the 15 minutes were about to be over and we had to prepare for the battle. 

Yaoyorozu made us all some rollers and we put them on so we could take advantage of Iida's speed. We decided that we were going for Deku, but at the same time take the bandages we can get in case something happened. We were now in position and the countdown started.

"3.. 2.. 1.. Start!"

We all ran for the 10.000 points, but they have escaped flying far away with some weird equipment. Well, we'll get them later. Right now many teams from class B were also targeting us and we had to defend ourselves. I felt that we were sinking on the floor and attacks were directed at us: lazers, lightning, sound waves, vines, etc. I managed to make them change course while Yaoyorozu made an elevation system to get out and we escaped quickly with Iida's boost. 

Suddenly, we saw Jirou, Koda and Sato, but there was no one at the top. "Strange, is it okay if the rider isn't with them?" Iida  wondered. "No, look carefully... They are still holding something within their arms, and it must be Toru-chan". A second later, Jirou launched her earphones at us but Yaoyorozu rapidly made some speakers and blasted some music to make Jirou retreat. We couldn't afford to let them get close because we couldn't see Toru-chan and it would be risky. Suddenly birds started attacking and aiming for the headband at the same time. We had to think something quick.

"Oh, we just have to make her visible!"I mumbled and asked Yaoyorozu to make some paint. I then threw it at the flock of birds and through all their flapping, it ended up pouring on the invisible girl with my quirk. Now that Shouto could see her, he froze them all and took Toru-chan's band. 

We retreated to go and find Deku and his group, but we were startled when we saw a gigantic hand coming at us. What the hell?! We barely dodged it when Yaoyorozu made a huge plank out of her forearm, and the hand retreated. Unlike before, we didn't know what were their quirks, but we were running out of time. So~~~ I made them reaaaally ticklish, enough to the point where they could barely support their rider as they were cluthing their stomachs with one hand from all the laughing. Now that they were not able to defend themselves, we easily got ourselves another bandage. 

After some running, we finally spotted Deku's team. "We'll get them now" Shouto said. As we had planned earlier, I made everyone around us fall and Shouto froze them all in that instant so they could not escape from his ice like some did in the obstacle race. With Iida's speed boost we rapidly catched up to Deku. Tokoyami sent Dark Shadow after us and Yaoyorozu defended with the same board she did before. Shouto had encircled them with his ice and they wouldn't get away this time.

"Guys, we have less than a minute. You won't be able to use me after this. I count on you" Iida said all of a sudden. "Hold on tight. Make sure to get them, Todoroki." The sound of engines getting turned on could be heard "RECIPROBURST!" "W-What the FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!" We were abruptly pulled on with such force that I couldn't register what was happening. 

We finally stopped but we were still shocked, not understanding what just happened or if this was how you got to the afterlife. I looked up to see a new band on Shouto's hand. It was the 10.000 points band!!! "WE DID IT SHOUTO!" I exclaimed happily.

But our joy was shortlived as Izuku went at us with his arm preparing for a powerful attack. I felt hot all of a sudden and looking for the source I widened my eyes in shock when I saw flames. Shouto was using his left side. "What..." But to my disappointment, they were put off with Deku's quirk and he stole one bandage from us.

"We swapped the positiones of the bands just in case. How naive of you Midoriya!" Yaoyorozu told Deku when he saw the points he received. But I was more afflicted by what had just happened with Shouto. He was grabbing his arm with a disturbed  face and I worried for him.

"Tokoyami!" Dark Shadow was coming to our direction while I was still looking at Shouto "(Y/N)!" He shouted and I widened my eyes when I saw it right before of us. Without thinking I made the same invisible wall from USJ appear between us and Dark Shadow. He crashed with it, shattering down the wall before retreating. Deku made his arm flash again and, at the same time, Bakugou came from the sky. Shouto asked Yaoyorozu to make a spear for him and he froze it, preparing to defend from both attacks. 

"TIME OUT!!!!!"