36. Gamble

After three whole days of resting, I was finally discharged from the hospital and I couldn't feel more happy now that I could finally stretch my body and move my feet freely. But I'm not gonna lie though: now that I have fully accepted my feelings towards Shouto, I'll admit that I enjoyed all the attention I've got from him during these days.

He visited me everyday to keep me company and treated me with the utmost care as I was recovering. But I have also noticed that his training was a lot harsher than ever because he'd end up with much more bruises than before, and I suspected he was beating himself to become stronger because of what happened with Stain. But when I asked him about it, he said it was nothing and I decided to believe him because he had a softened yet determined look when he said it instead of the bitter one I was expecting. He really did change and I feel so proud of him.

But oh well, my happiness couldn't last forever. Levi kept his promise to have me nearly die again with the hellish cleaning and running. What a wonderful memory to have of our last days together!

.

.

.

I groaned in pain as the alarm rang, but I was relieved to know that I didn't have anymore training and we had normal classes starting today. I couldn't wait till I met my classmates again.

When I entered the classroom, I cackled at the sight of Bakugou's neatly done hair. "PFF HAHAHAHA LOOK AT YOU, GUESS BEST JEANIST REALLY DID HIS JOB FIXING YOUR STYLE!" He got so angry that his hair exploded too, going back to the same old hedgehog style. It was nice to get back to the same routine.

"Hey, we saw on the news that you were saved by Endeavour from the hero killer. Is that right?" Our classmates asked us. "Yes.. we were saved by him" Shouto answered since we couldn't tell the truth. "We were worried about you" Momo-chan said. "Haha, we're fine, nothing happened to us. Don't worry" I didn't feel the need to make them worry anymore by telling them I was injured, and I was all right now so it didn't matter anymore.

After our classes, Aizawa-sensei announced us that we were having a summer camp and we all got excited thinking of where we would be going. That is until he mentioned that the ones that didn't pass the next exams were going to suffer actual hell.

Welp, there goes my excitement down the drain. I better begin studying now.

....

"Why does it look like you are about to move in to the school?" Shouto asked arching an eyebrow as he saw my heavy bagpack. "Well.. hahaha..."

The truth is I haven't done any studying at all yesterday: feeling defeated after seeing the mountain of pages I had to read, I used my phone for a while telling myself that a little distraction to clear my mind won't hurt. But then my dad did dinner, and then an anime chapter was updated, and then I took a bath, and I was left too tired to bother studying.... I know I have no remedy and that's why I took all my books with me today to study at the library. At least I won't get as distracted as easily there... I hope.

I told him more or less what happened and Shouto sighed. "I'll help you study" "What? No! You don't have to! It's my fault I'm a freaking procrastinator." "That's why I'll go to check that you are studying properly. Knowing you, you will definitely get distracted with something stupid and you'd be just wasting your time." He said as if stating the obvious. "Tch, why does he care.." I said mumbling to myself and pouting a little. "Because I want to spend as much time as I can with you on the camp".

Wow, talk about being straightforward. I blushed at what he said and I accepted his offer. I was happy because it meant that I'll get to spend some time alone with Shouto. I mean, I'm going to study.