๑۞ ℭ𝔲𝔭𝔦𝔡 & 𝔓𝔰𝔶𝔠𝔥𝔢 ۞๑

Začít od začátku

     "If I knew of someone I was actually attracted to..." and didn't feel like I was doing something taboo or forbidden, I neglected to add. "...I wouldn't need a professional matchmaker, would I?"

     "I just thought if you already had someone in mind, I would go with that option first, but you're right about needing me." She giggled happily before continuing, "Most people aren't very comfortable with utilizing a matchmaker, but you deserve happiness after everything you did and are continuing to do for the Wizarding world. Personally, I want this for you, and if I wasn't already crazy in love with my Ruhi, I'd try my luck."

     Belinda winked playfully, and I wondered if she had something in her eye as opposed to actually attempting to flirt with me. I don't flirt - at least I don't think I do.

     "Severus, why don't you start by telling me about the type of person you're attracted to."

     "Well, I..." A long-dead one, I thought morbidly before Hermione's porcelain face taunted me.

     I sighed heavily when realizing this was going to be much harder than I'd first thought. It seems the universe got a kick out of messing with me and my ability to stop the enthralling and all-consuming circular thoughts of Hermione and her numerous qualities.

     I kept pushing the tantalizing little witch out of my mind as best I could, but I couldn't stop replaying all my memories of her. I'd even thought of the times I'd been overly cruel just to make sure my cover was never blown, and I regretted that I'd ever done something to cause her a moment of pain.

     Clearing my throat, I began shifting around in an attempt to get comfortable again and to keep from locating another seat or better yet resign myself to the idea of being a professional bachelor and leave.

     Belinda had patiently waited as I struggled through my conflicting thoughts before she spoke, "I read your story in the newspaper like everyone else in the Wizarding world. Your love for Lily Potter was such a touching, romantic and dare I say, sexy story. Why don't you tell me what it was about her that attracted you?"

     I thought about Lily, and the usual dull ache gripped at my chest. I knew Hook's would ask about Lily, but it was something I'd ever been comfortable talking about, especially with someone I'd just met.

     Clearing my throat didn't remove the lump that had formed, so I took a sip of my tea to give me a moment to recompose myself.

     Belinda must have figured out her error, and she shifted around uneasily. "You don't have to tell me your conversations with her or how you met, or even how you fell for her, but I do want to know what it was that made her so endearing to you."

     I closed my eyes while breathing deeply a few times before speaking. "I was comfortable with her. She could see me and my motivations even when I couldn't figure them out myself. She was a brilliant and skilled witch. Her kindness was inspiring, believing that all sentient beings deserved to live in a dignified manner. She burned so brightly it ignited my very soul to be near her."

     I sighed at the ache in my chest before opening my eyes to see Belinda dabbing at very small or invisible tears with a red handkerchief and waving her other hand like a fan.

     "That's so beautiful," she scribbled a note onto some parchment with a Quick-Quotes Quill that I hadn't noticed was floating on the far side of her chair.  "It sounds like she was a wonderful woman. Obviously, there's no replacing her. It seems like it was her kindness that really attracted you to her. So, someone smart and kind, but not afraid to speak her mind, even in the face of adversity."

     Nodding I added, "I'd also like if she'd be willing to clean and do the dishes. Since I enjoy cooking and am a fussy eater, I'll be preparing the meals." I looked her in the eye so she knew I meant everything I said, "Most importantly, someone who can deal with my incessant need to be tidy and keep everything in its rightful place - I'm very organized."