Wedding & Honeymoon

Two months pass after the surprise and the wedding is today.

" My queen, are you alright? You're pale as a ghost."

" Yes, Lila. I am just nervous. We spent five months preparing and then the war happened. It's just hard to believe the wedding is today."

" Well, you sure do look like the goddess Selene, as the king usually says."

" Really?"

" Look at the mirror if you don't believe me, my queen."

I decided to check for myself and can't believe she was right.

"How did my black hair turn white as snow, Lila? It was black before."

" Your kitsune form is the form you are usually in, so I would guess that your hair turned white naturally."

" Okay, I think I'm ready."

" Good timing too, my queen. It is time to start heading to the royal yard."

" Alright, then let's go."

Lila laughs as I almost trip walking down the stairs and walk slowly through the halls.

When we reach the double doors to the yard, she turns to me and asks for the tenth time if I'm alright. I nod because my voice would be low and timid. Not entirely convinced, she agrees and opens the doors.

As soon as the doors open and I am visible to the guests, Damon turns to look at me

His stare makes me uncomfortable and I feel myself turn red as blood. Calming my breath, I look at him as well. He smiles and extends his hand even though we are still too far away to touch.

I smile back and walk towards him a lot quicker. When I am within his reach, I accept his hand. Of course, I should have expected another of his daring surprises.

He pulls me toward him hard enough that I l land on his chest. He bends his head and kisses me. After he pulls away, he whispers in my ear softly.

" Soon you'll be mine forever, my goddess."

" Damon, everyone is looking."

" I know. Now smile and let everyone see your perfection."

I laugh and he lets me go. I turn around and like Damon said to do, I smile and hear some guests cheer. After he is satisfied, the wedding begins.

The priest starts the ceremony and after we swear to have come by our own will, he continues.

" Damon, do you take Luna as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until death do you apart?"

Damon looks at me for a whole minute before smiling and says, " I do." The priest then turns to me and asks the same question.

" Luna, do you take Damon for your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"