New Chance

I arrive home in two weeks and when I enter the door, my father hugs me.

" Father, how did you manage to get home?"

" I didn't get to see you in the dinner and I wasn't about to waste my second chance."

My mother hugs me as well and the dinner will happen in two weeks. I nod and start to unpack in the guest room.

The time flies by and the dinner is tonight.

" Luna, why did you want to see the man again?"

" I will consider him as a boyfriend, mom. It's time I give myself another chance."

" Luna, you don't seem happy. Is this about that boy you used to like?"

" No. I mean, he did appear, but this is my choice."

" Don't try a relationship because you want to forget someone else, Luna. A nail doesn't take out another nail."

" I have to get ready and I am sure about this."

" If you say so."

" Besides, you said that you wanted us to be together."

" I prefer you be with that boy you liked, than with the son of this family. I want you to make good decisions, but not be miserable trying to be perfect."

" I won't be miserable. Now, help me get ready, mom. It's been awhile, since I last used a dress or makeup."

" And heels. I remember you only wire jeans and flats."

" They were comfortable."

" Sure. How about a pink dress?"

 How about a pink dress?"

" No, it's too bright. Got any other idea?"

" I actually bought you a dark red dress yesterday, but it was a surprise for later."

" Perfect

" Perfect."

( she gets ready and the family arrives. The son flirts with Luna and she makes herself give him a chance.)