Shadows

The day started normal but turned into a weird dream in the afternoon. I got ready, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth and ran to school. On my way out the door, my mom gave me a hug. Oh, she must be in a good mood to hug someone. I hug her back and since she is in a good mood, she surely won't mind if I was affectionate, right?

" Love ya, mom. Remember, it will rain and I don't have time to bring the umbrella. Could you pick me up?"

**Mother's P.O.V:

After returning from a successful case, I'm definitely in a good mood. I won a important case, came home safe, and my daughter is doing good in school. Stefan is currently in a case but will return today in the afternoon. I know we don't spend a lot of time with our daughter but the career of a lawyer demands a lot of trips.

After she said she loved me, I was resisting the urge to tell her to not show affection but since I'm in such a good mood, I'll let it slide this time. She is doing her best to keep us happy and after doing great in all her classes, which are all honor classes, and then her afterschool tutoring, I think I can't tell her to behave properly. She simply looks lovely when she smiles.**

" Sure, but doesn't your car work?"

" No, it's at the repair shop with Elena."

" Then you'll get it back soon."

" Yeah, well, see ya."

I exit the house and start running. I always enjoyed to run so I'm used to running to school. Well, that and the fact that I always wake up late so I do have the tendency to rush so I don't arrive late. But I can't really be to blame. I mean, all my academic classes are honors, thanks to my mother's request, and I even have afterschool tutoring three days a week. How am I supposed to manage all that in a week without sleeping late? I can't finish one assignment without needing to do something else and the fact I write stories doesn't help much either.

I run the fastest I can and luckily, I arrive on time. I instantly enter the building and rush to class. I arrive just on time to class and my best friend, Carlo laughs as I sit in a hurry. I put my book-back down and not even a minute later, he starts mocking me. He's lucky he's my best friend. Otherwise, I would beat him up.

" What made you late?"

" ( pouting) I came just on time, for your information. (blushing) . . . . . . . Also, I woke up late."

" (worried) Work again?"

" Yeah, but luckily, my car will be repaired in a few days. It's with Elena."

" True then, but did you hear about the new guy? Every girl is crazy about him."

Really? How am I supposed to know if I JUST GOT HERE?

" (rolling her eyes) Oh, right. I know everything because I JUST got here."

" (embarrassed and laughing) Right. I'll tell you when we meet with Elena".

" You better."

The day passes by fast. I got all my classes, hand in the completed assignments, get good grades, and avoid talking to anyone. I didn't know I was in for a day full of surprises. I'm on my way to my last class when I bump into someone. My stuff goes flying and I fall down. REALLY?! Calming down, I try to not scream. But then, I hear laughter and turn red. Oh no. Why me?!

" Let me help you."

Why do I have so much bad luck? If this guy thinks I'll accept help from him, then he's wrong. My mother did teach me to rely on my own and on others only in emergencies. I sigh and start picking up my books. I get all of them but I can't find the last one. Where is it? I mean, I know it fell. Which would not happen if I didn't have my bag full of books already. Hmm. Maybe I should try to persuade my mother to let me change into easier classes. I am wondering where the last one is when the person I bumped into shows it. I look up and see a total stranger.