2: It's Time To Run Again

Começar do início

I went outside and started to walk. I've been walking for twenty minutes until I arrived at Papa Jone's Diner. I entered the diner and was greeted by the sweet aroma of food. I scanned the area and found three wolves and five humans. I went to sit at an empty booth. A waitress appeared after I sat on a chair which made me startled and almost lost my concentration on masking my scent.

"Can I get your order, hon?" She asked. The woman is a werewolf and she's probably in her late twenties. I smiled at her and looked at the menu.

"I would like the breakfast special please." I asked politely and quietly. She took my order and left. While I was waiting, I messaged my so-called brother Xerxes.

To: XerxesTheIdiot

Yo! Jus want 2 let u know that no one found out bout me yet.

From: XerxesTheIdiot

U txted me so it means ur still alive. Lucky u.

To: XerxesTheIdiot

Wtvr. Talk 2 u l8er.

I put my phone back just in time for the waitress to arrive with my order. She put the tray which was composed of, three pancakes with syrup, a sunny-side-up egg, three slices of bacon, and a cup of coffee. I mumbled a thank you to her and she left.

I looked at my food and my mouth watered at the sight. I ate the food, enjoying the taste of it when the door opened and I smelled two more wolves entering. I flinched when they took a seat at the table before me.

I continued to eat so that no one will notice how tense I am. But it's really hard when these two men happen to be the right and left-hand man of the King. I haven't met them yet but I can tell by their scent and aura just how powerful they are. Not to mention, they're pure-blooded Lycans.

"His Majesty isn't really convinced that that person isn't here anymore. I mean, we've looked everywhere already. We even went twice to the witch's house." the guy, who's directly at my back, said.

"I know and we have to search more. I heard that Emma's niece is staying at her place. What's weird though is that she arrived at the same time that unknown being does." said the other guy who has a deeper voice than him.

Damn! I should leave right after I finish eating then I'll transfer to a hotel full of humans and not a single werewolf in sight.

"Let's go there later and find out who that niece is. For all we know, she might be the one his majesty is looking for." I ate my food as fast as I can without stopping. After I'm done, I placed the money on the table and stood up. I glanced at the guys next to me and saw them staring. I averted my gaze and continued to walk.

"Hold on, I haven't seen you around here." the guy with the deeper voice said. I looked at them and found two handsome men, probably in their twenties. Such young people have such intimidating auras.

The one who spoke had black hair with cool blue eyes while the other one has golden brown hair and deep brown eyes. Both of them are very good-looking. The first one has a serious and cold face which I'm guessing is the right while the other has this playful look, which is the left. One might mistake their position the first time they meet them due to their personalities but when it comes to doing their task, they have the perfect roles.

"I'm here for a vacation." I said casually. He raised his eyebrow while the other smirked.

"Where are you staying?"

"Just a couple of blocks from here." I said truthfully.

"So, you're Emma's niece? You know you're the talk of the town. They said that Emma has a beautiful niece staying at her house. Now that I've taken a good look at you, I'm convinced." the left flirted and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. I can't utter a word and I was prepared to run when my phone went off. I looked at the caller and I almost jump in pure joy at the perfect timing.

"Hello, dear brother?" I answered sweetly. I hope he gets the message.

"Dear broth- ooohhh...where are you right now, dear sister?" He played along. I mentally fist-pumped the air for Xerxes' cooperation.

"I just finished eating at the local diner. I was going to go home after I said my goodbye to Aunt Emma, so can you pick me up at the airport?" I lied. Damn! I'm such a good liar.

"Sure! Give my regards to Aunt Emma." He said and ended the call. I should praise him for being such a good liar as well. He learned from the best after all. I looked at the guys and gave them an apologetic smile.

"Sorry guys, that was my brother. I should probably leave now. Don't wanna miss the plane." I said to them and left. They were about to say something but I had already run. I ran like my life depended on it. I arrived at the house after five minutes and head straight to my room. I changed into my tank top and shorts and wore my black hoodie. I grab my bags and went out of the room.

"Good gracious, Mia. Where are you going?" Emma suddenly appeared in front of me and I stumbled due to surprise.

"Emma! I need to go. I just stumble across two of the most powerful people here." I said and her eyes widened.

"You met the King's right and left-hand man?" she asked while trying not to panic.

"Yes, and they're probably on their way here." as if on cue, the doorbell rang. Emma and I stared at each other before a knock can be heard.

"Excuse me, Emma, can we have a minute with you and your niece?" the right asked from outside.

"Just a moment," Emma replied. "I knew this was going to happen but I never knew it will be so soon." She mumbled to herself.

"What am I going to do Emma- what are you going to do? If I go now, they'll find out you're sheltering a rogue. The King will punish you for that." I said worriedly. She cupped my face and smiled sadly.

"Xerxes was right, you are really selfless. You always put others before yourself. It's a painfully beautiful trait but sometimes you need to be selfish for the sake of others, Mia. Soon you will cross such a path." My brows furrowed in confusion. Another knock on the door can be heard downstairs but this time it's louder.

"You need to go. Take this potion with you, it will serve as a barrier. You have to take the route to the woods, it's much safer than the main road cause they would think you'll run towards the main road. Just hide your scent and you'll be safe. Good luck." I nod my head and gave her a smile.

"Thank you." I said and jump out the window, and at the same time, I heard a loud bang downstairs. The front door downstairs was taken down by those people. Clutching my bag, I started to run.